WnSoft Forums

Download to Beechbrook

zydercojoe

Hi All,

Have tried to upload a show to the Beechbrook site with no luck. The web site on www.beechbrook.com/upload cut me off after about 10mins.

I have zipped the file.

First tries were at 21mb and have since cut the show down to about 12mb but still no luck. I am using a dial up connection.

As this is my first show on the web I assume that I am doing something wrong but what??

Regards

Zydercojoe

Welcome to the forum.

You are probably doing the upload procedure just fine. Who knows why sometimes these things don't work. I have successfully uploaded to Beechbrook many times, but have also had your experience on some occasions. It seems sometimes that if you are uploading using Netscape, it was more problem than using IE. Also, if you can't make it work, leave an email there for Bill, the generous owner of Beechbrook. He is always helpful. The other thing that some of us do, is to keep your presentation on your own site or other storage and just upload a "link" and a "thumbnail" to Beechbrook.

Looking forward to seeing your show. Have fun.

Zydercojoe

you have to make sure that your browser settings are set to not shut off your browser after X# of mins if there is nothing doing

I can just imagine you sitting there and not daring to touch anything and then it quits

so you should make sure your dial up and modem settings are correct

if you are not sure phone your ISP for guidance.

ken

Many thanks for your kind words.

I have sent my show or should I say my clubs show via the local library with free broadband.The zipped show downloaded OK.Have a look at the pictures from Cannock P.S slide exhibition.

Will place more shows on line soon that is if Bill will let me.

Regards

Zydercojoe

Another slick way to send large files (up to 100mb) to anyone with an email address is www.dropload.com it's free and fast. They receive an email message that there is a file waiting and then they just click on it to download.

We also still have plenty of space still open for hosting shows if you need someplace to host them. Creating Slide Shows Gallery

B)