WnSoft Forums

Can I change audio level during presentation?

tom95521

Hi,

I have a computer without a manual volume control on my speakers. Are there keyboard shortcuts to change volume level during the presentation? Maybe something +/- keys or arrow keys? I did see an enhancement request about passing volume parameter. Sorry if this is a real simple question. Still learning, but this application is the most fun I've had with my computer in a long time.

tom

Hi tom95521

if you want to vary the audio level during your presentation and know in advance which parts of your audio track you require to be quiet/ loud, i would suggest that you could use audio editing software. This will enable you to create a dedicated 'mix' of the piece of audio that will obviate the need to use volume controls on the pc/ speakers. It will also be much slicker and professional.

You can do this in adobe audition/ cool edit. You may also be able to achieve the same effect in audacity (free to download) using fade in/ fade out.

hopehigh

Are there keyboard shortcuts to change volume level during the presentation?

If you want that user will be able to change volume while he is running your show then you can try one of my two utilities:

VolumeSlider - old utility with some limitations.

Volume3 - New utility (I suggest you try this one first)

You can find both On My Webpage.

The new one was never tested by members so any feedback will be appreciated.

Granot

Thanks. I just realized that I can use the Windows M shortcut key to minimize the presentation and click on the speaker icon in the system tray. I will definitely try the utility program. I'm still learning how to use the slideshow program. It has a lot of hidden features. The audio quality and smooth transistions are amazing. I found a small problem with the 4.40 beta #3 with left/right page curl timing, but the effect is awesome.

tom

Some keyboards e.g. from Logitech have volume and mute controls incorporated.

Ron [uK]