WnSoft Forums

PTE Version 4.4

jevans

I am trying out the new beta version 4.4. I note that now transition times are included within a slide time, whereas with the previous version of PTE the transition times were in addition to the slide time. Thus in the new version with 3 slides having a 4 sec show time and a 1 sec transition, the total show length would be 12 secs, in the previous PTE version the show time would be 15 secs.

This change is not a problem. HOWEVER the version of sy(P) which I use to determine the total show length still assumes the transition times are additive to the slide time and not included. Thus using sy(P) to determine the total show time will not give the correct answer with version 4.4.

Are you sure it is not because you have selected "Synchronise slideshow to music duration"? I have just run a few slides on a template of 4 sec transition and 5.5 sec effects and the timing was OK.

Ron [uK]

jevans

you really should be telling the forum which beta you are using 4.4 beta 8 is latest and igor has been making changes with each bete with the sync functions

and i have been wrong before but

i thought i read that SY(P) has to be rewritten for 4.4

Jean-Claude Posted: Mar 11 2005, 05:18 AM

Group: Members

Member No.: 1832

QUOTE (ronwil @ Mar 10 2005, 02:59 PM)

I have just tried one of my recent PTE's on SY(P) and the "Page rolling down from the top" is shown as "Unknown effect in PTE 4.20". But no tantrums.

Ron [uK]

The current version of Sy(P) is in accordance with PTE 4.30.

At the moment I work on a new version in order to make it compatible with PTE 4.40.

Igor recently (thanks to him) let me know the last specifications.

Next version will also include

- merging and splitting PTE projects

- modification of slideshow main parameters

- possibility of adding external remarks (different from comments) to each pictures

... and some others goodies

ken

Are you sure it is not because you have selected "Synchronise slideshow to music duration"? I have just run a few slides on a template of 4 sec transition and 5.5 sec effects and the timing was OK.

Ron [uK]

I note the comments on this post. I am using beta version #7. I have done the same experiment as you have with 3 slides at 10 sec and 1 sec transitions. The total show length is 30 secs ( non-synchronised) but sy(p) (the version I have anyway) gives 33 secs, i.e. 3 x 10 secs plus 3 x 1 sec (transitions). However in beta #7, the transition times are part of the slide time and not additional.

I note that sy(p) requires a rewrite and maybe this will solve the problem.

By the way, I was using sy(p) to determine the length of a slide show with many slides having different durations and different transition durations before I added the music. sy(p) gave me the totla show length and thus I could edit the music to suite, rather than synchronising the show to fit the music and finding that my carefully prepared slide durations had all changed.

The current version of Sy(P) is in accordance with PTE 4.30.

jevans

i would think if you used any of the betas of 4.4 as igor is calling them -- the settings would be expected to be mixed up when using sy(p) in its current state that is for 4.3

ken

Today I made different tests with 4.40 beta#8

Jevans, I didn't notice the situation you describe.

Here after see result of 4 trials:

------

4 slides, duration time for each : 4 sec, effect time 3 sec.

one music : 118 sec.

1/ no music, no synchronization, not open time-line: total time 28 sec. for the 4 slides,

2/ music open, no synchronization, not open time-line: total time 28 sec for the 4 slides,

3/ music open, no-synchronization, OPEN TIME-LINE : on the scale each slide appears for 4 sec, effect time is

included in each image time, so, on the time-line the total time for the show is 12 sec. + 106 sec . for last

picture.

BUT, if you play the show: total time is 28 sec. for the 4 slides, (if you check 'close after last slide')

4/ music open, SYNCHRONIZATION, OPEN TIME-LINE : on the scale each slide appears for 4 sec, effect time is

included in this image time, so on the time-line the time for the show is 12 sec. + 106 sec . for last

picture.

BUT, if you play the show: total time 118 sec. and duration time for each 4 slides: 118/4 = 29,500 sec.

-------

Am'I wrong?

Jean-Claude, I think you may have documented the situation correctly. I had experienced some frustration recently in trying to understand what was happening in the new timeline relative to what I thought was happening when I played the show. I could not "pin-point" my problems and finally just changed the music and auto-sync'd.

Al or ADB or others closely involved with Igor on the sound/timeline/slide insertions and moves - Is the above situation the way it should be? Admittedly, I am not "current", but it does not seem right to me.

Lumenlux

I start my UK trip today so won't be able to test this issue. But I thinks its a case of use the system that best suits. Personally I never worry about total show times etc as I always sync to a soundtrack so my show is always as long as the soundtrack and transitions occur when I want them to. This keeps it simple and stable.

I can see how you can set up your show to give timings as you would expect and also as we have been shown how to set it up so you would get timings you wouldn't expect, but surely you just use the methodology that gives you the result you want?

Jean-Claudes findings I think are correct but I can also see why PTE does that and as I stated above I would just use the appropriate method (e.g don't open timeline if you are NOT custom synching)

I may have missed the point here but it seems logical to me what PTE is doing?