WnSoft Forums

Video in slide shows

fuzzy

Fuzzy:

There are more knowledgeable people than I who will come along, but I suspect you "might" be able to using OBJECTS.

But I have never used video clips so I am only guessing

I think that Granot (Boxig) has created a small program for just this. Can't recall off hand what it's called but someone else with a better memory will jump in here and tell you. (In fact I think that Granot has created a program for every possible PTE desire---and they're all good!)

Jim

( The Jim in LA one.)

That's right. There is a tool to play a video witout the need to open default player, but....there is a problem :o ....I can't remember the name of that tool :(

I have few video related tools, just need the time to check it.

(please don't laugh, it's only my bad memory).

Granot

:D I found it: "FlashVideoExe"

it's a bit old. Maybe I'll work on something new soon.

Guest Techman1

Fuzzy,

First off, were you the "FUZZY" that was just speaking at the TPPA conference last week?

Now on to your question, as Granot (and Jim) pointed out he has a utility that can help with playing video files along with PTE. I haven't used it in a while, but it worked for me as a front-end to PTE. According to Granot's documentation on FlashVideoExe it supports the following video types: *.avi,*.mpeg,*.mpg,*.wmv,*.asf. You mention a movie file (*.mov)? It may not work on this, not sure. But, Granot is always up for a challenge. ;)

When I used this last year, I created a Flash Introduction, then played a AVI video and then the PTE Slideshow starts. You could create multiple directories on your CD and then "Run external application" from different PTE shows to call up another video clip (in case you want several between PTE slideshows). The only concern that I had using this utility was that the desktop would show "briefly" between certain parts (i.e., switching from flash, to avi, to slideshow). There are workarounds, but they present their own set of customer issues.

If you need any more information on this, let me know and I'll dust off my notes to see if there is anything more.

Good luck!

Fred

I found it: "FlashVideoExe"

Hey Granot,

Are you sure it isn't "ShowVideoPte"?

Doesn't the ShowVideoPte work with mpg's, etc., called from a slide or menu and the FlashVideoExe work with Flash and video before the slideshow begins :-)

Best regards,

Lin

Granot

I find that using your "ShowVideoPte" works fine - apart from when the video ends the Windows taskbar appears when returning to the PTE show.

When called from a slide, the avi runs just fine without the taskbar showing, it just shows when it ends.

I've tried using "HideTaskbar.exe" utility at the start of the PTE show - but still the Taskbar pops up. The show is running in full screen mode.

Anyone else found this, and any thoughts as to how to avoid this happening?

DEN (NE UK)

That's right. There is a tool to play a video witout the need to open default player, but....there is a problem :o ....I can't remember the name of that tool :(

I have few video related tools, just need the time to check it.

(please don't laugh, it's only my bad memory).

Granot

:D I found it: "FlashVideoExe"

it's a bit old. Maybe I'll work on something new soon.

Hello there, just registered today March 26 o5, I'm new to pte and I wonder if you were the granot who had a PTE presentation coupled with a Macromedia Flash. I'm intrested in adding animated text to my PTE presentation, hope you would be kind enough to help. Thanks

DEN,

I know this problem and tried to solve it but it seems it not always work. I made a hideTaskBar tool and nobeefStu (whom I didn't see in the forum for long time) has made one too. Maybe I will try to make a new tool to fix this problem but I can't guaranty. Did you try to run the utility on first slide to hide the taskbar and then on exit to show the taskbar ? (hummm.. I hope this was the way I did it).

mogendavid,

I wonder if you were the granot who had a PTE presentation coupled with a Macromedia Flash

Don't remember :(

What is the presentation name ?

Some members have such presentations using my Flash utilities. There are few and I'm sure one will fit your needs. Each one has a Readme file and they are easy to use.

Granot

Hello there, just registered today March 26 o5, I'm new to pte and I wonder if you were the granot who had a PTE presentation coupled with a Macromedia Flash.

Hi, Mogendavid,

Welcome to the Forum!

Is this the link you were referring to?

FlashPTE Demo by Marcovelo.

It's still available from Beechbrook. :)

Thanks for all the responses.

Sorry, I don't undertsand anything about the Flash video exe thing.

Is that within P2E? Is it something I have to download somewhere? Is it in a PC?

I do have ProShow Gold and it will run video clips.

I created a PSG exe show just for that video, so I don't have to open the particular video player.

It works OK, but after the video is finished, I have to reopen P2E since PSG won't allow me to go back to any application.

Fuzzy (Yeah we spoke at texas two weeks ago.)

Sorry, I don't undertsand anything about the Flash video exe thing

Flash is a program from Macromedia which is used to create animated graphics, including photographic images, for web pages. There are also a few other more user-friendly programs which will allow you to create Flash (.swf) files. Boxig has designed a few utilities which make it possible to attach and run Flash animations at the front of a PTE show. Check out his web site at www.thailandphotoalbum.com .

There is also an excellent demo show on Beechbrook that illustrates very well some of the ways that Flash can be used in conjunction with PTE.

Guest Techman1

Fuzzy,

First, I enjoyed your presentation in Texas a couple of weeks ago. Your photography is great and especially the way you capture children in natural light. Adding the video to your shows is an excellent idea and I'm sure is very much appreciated by your clients.

The references to Flash here are really associated with several programs that Granot (Boxig) wrote. In addition to playing Flash, they also play Video files (which is what you were originally asking about). These are not part of PTE, but can be called from within PTE using the "Project Options, Advanced, Run after last slide" options.

Since you are able to play the video using PSG, you could setup a PTE menu which runs your PTE Slideshows and the PSG Videos, but doesn't exit the menu. That way when the Slideshow or Video are done and PTE or PSG exits, the PTE menu is there ready for you to select the next part of your presentation.

Or you can do the same thing with Granot's programs which don't have the menu running, but can run Flash or Video then a PTE Slideshow. At the end of the PTE Slideshow you would "Run after last slide" the next part of your presentation (be it a PTE Section or another Video Section). You'd have to test this out to make sure it works to your satisfaction.

Anyway, hopefully I haven't confused the issue more. Good luck and let me know if I can help.

Regards,

Fred