WnSoft Forums

putting PTE in a powerpoint presentation?

jeanie

I do this often at my computer club. Create a link to the PTE exe file in the slide from which you want to introduce the slide show. When you click on the link, PPT will ask "if you are sure you want to open this file?" (because it is an exe file). MS is "protecting" you from your own work, and it is quite irritating. MS has not cooperated in introducing a dialogue box that is common in Windows based software that says "Don't show this window again". However, once past that annoyance, PTE will start as usual.

Bill

Of course my question would be why are you using Power Point ?

;):D

PTE can do it all and there is no problem mixing maunal and auto run portions

Of course my question would be why are you using Power Point ?

;):D

PTE can do it all and there is no problem mixing maunal and auto run portions

Two points on this post. Firstly I guess Powerpoint is being used as it has a number of facilities which PTE does not have, such as animation. It is alos easier for text based presentations.

Second point is, how to you run a PTE show manually? I have not found a control which allows this.

Where have you been all this week Jevans? <_< Take a look back at the thread "Runtime edit of Presentations". I don't intend to explain once again Conflow's "Manual Slide Show".

Ron [uK]

Hello again,

Perhaps I had better explain what I am doing. For my college course work I have to give a presentation in my Professional Practice module. I am using the power-point slide show to present my business plan to the tutors. Alot of this is text and some graphs. I the was thinking I could go staight into the PTE sequence to demonstate the kind if work I have been doing. I thought it might look sleeker than finishing and then running the sequence separately. From what some say it seems possible. I'll give it a try. Any other ideas welcome.

What do you think ?

Jeanie

Jeanie

2 laptops - 2 projectors - 2 screens

put on real dog and pony show ;)

this way you can pause one or both to explain if any questions come up that are not covered in either show

just dont have a black background on one and a light one on the other

good luck

ken

Jevans

I did a quick search for Conflow's Manual slide show, but I did not turn it up (I know it is there however)

But quickest way to do a manual PTE show:

PROJECT OPTIONS>MAIN

turn off "DISPLAY SLIDE FOR ......."

PROJECT OPTIONS>ADVANCED

MOUSE OPTIONS (I usually use the following)

Left: NEXT SLIDE

Right: PREV SLIDE

You might (NOT) want to use the NAVIGATION BAR

Yes TEXT is likely a little faster in PPT, but I find it almost as fast in PTE. You can cut and paste from a WORD document into the TEXT tool in PhotoShop

I suspect Graphics might be a little hadrer, but I do remember saving some charts, maps etc from a Graphics package like PPT as jpg files and running them in a PTE show. Yes it is an extra step.

No, you're right PTE does not have motion.

You can run your auto-run PTE shows from OBJECTs on whatever appropriate spot in your presentation and it will come back to where you left off.