WnSoft Forums

To download PTE from Europe

Guest guru

As we have noticed the download of PicturesToExe is quite slow from WnSoft server (which is in U.S.) for European users, we have thought - in accordance with Igor Kokarev - to create a mirror in Europe on the server of guru.to.it, which is in France.

The download page can be reached also from the French and Italian versions of the website.

Guido

On my equipment the *.zip file took 5 seconds, yes 5 seconds, from you compared with 26 seconds from WnSoft.

Ron [uK]

I just tried the download again - this time 8 seconds from Guido's site, and 11 seconds from WnSoft.

Guess it all depends on the amount of local traffic on the network. :huh:

My latest is 5 secs Guido to 15 secs WnSoft. But Al, Guidos request for tests by European PTE Users. So far only two of us have responded. It is sunny in my part of the UK at the moment, maybe that is why.

Ron [uK]

Ron,

I guess that explains why it takes me 8 seconds from Italy, while you can get there and back in only 5. However, Russia is just over the pole from us, so I would expect my time for download from WnSoft to be faster than your time. B)

Thanks to all! even if often your data refer to Canada, not far away from U.S. WnSoft server...

My data from Turin, Italy at 21:55 - 22.00 of Sunday (average of three downloads) :

WnSoft server: 56 sec at 25.2 KB/sec

guru.to.it server: 3.6 sec at 466 KB/sec

• 2 weeks later...