WnSoft Forums

Sound comments

Igor

1) As I've understood some sound comments were not played at all when you use "Don't interrupt..." option?

2) Please let me know version of your Windows.

3) Do you use background music to that slide-show?

4) Did you try to run that EXE file on another PC?

5) Will some sound comments skip if you temporary DISABLE "Don't interrupt..." option?

6) Please can you create small test example. For example with several slides (5 sec. interval between slides). Then add two sound comments to 1st slide and 4nd slides. If all works OK, sound comment of the 1st slide will play over 1,2,3 slides and when 4nd slide appears you should hear new sound comment?

7) What file size of your EXE file? Please can you send it to me - int_support(insert @)wnsoft.com if it's not more than 10 MB. Or if larger, send me only .pte project file.

Igor:

Thanks for getting back to me:

- I had "Don't interrupt..." option on.

- 2-3 sound clips intermittently did not play on the .exe version when replayed several times. That is they would not play on one run through, but would play the next time through etc etc

- WinXP home

- I had a background file of silence so I could use the Custom synch option.

- No I only tried it on my computer (see specs in earlier post replying to Guido)

- I had no problem with the sound clips going across several slides. That part worked fine, it was sound clips that intermittently did not play on the .exe file.

- File size is 42mb, so I will send you the .pte file, but I have "fixed" the apparent problem by moving the "problem" slides with the attached sound clips over a small amount to ensure there is a half second gap between the end of the sound file on the last slide(s) and the start of the transition of the "problem" sound clip.

Hope that helps.

I can do a test exe file if you still want, but it might take me a day or so as I am on my way out and tied up the next few days.

Thnaks again.

Igor:

The problem happened when I was watching the .exe file. Show runs on its own, no keyboard or mouse actions required on .exe file

A sound clip was playing over previous slide(s) correctly, but when the next slide came up it's sound clip it didn't play. But the next slide along the way after did play it's sound clip properly.

Then another slide further along would skip its sound clip.

But playing the .exe file again, there would be no problem, or another sound would skip.

As I mentioned I unfortunately did not keep the .pte and .exe files for the offending versions as I remedied the problem by giving that 0.5 second gap.

I have made two test shows trying to replicate the problem. So far no replication. I have asked alrobin to test them on his computers. I'll let you know later today if I have replicated the problem.

Thanks once again

Igor:

I could not replicate the problem with my test files. Alrobin tried them as well on his 4 computers (different specs and different OS) and all was OK.

Everything behaved exactly as you programmed. I did not leave my recommended half second gap between the end of the sound clip and the start of the next slide in my tests to push the envelope. I had the sound track and slide finishing at exactly the same time.

The "live" files I had problems with were 42mb files, so maybe it was the system could not keep up completely in a couple of spots.

I will still leave a half second gap in future shows just to be sure.

Thanks for your usual instant attention.

Thank you! I've finally reproduced this problem with your help.

It seems that sound starts playing (during 300 ms. or so) and then stops.

I almost always now within several seconds (view preview) can

reproduce this problem when gap is 200 ms. and "Don't interrupt..." option is enabled.

It should be fixed soon!

Igor:

Once again THANK YOU !!!!!!

Excellent service.

Next time I am not going to tell you about a problem until a Monday so you won't work on it on the weekend !

Igor:

Show has been re-compiled using beta 4 and played many times with no problems.

The presentation has now been "released" for public consumption (and good reviews ;):D )

Thank you for your immediate service

Jim