WnSoft Forums

Clicking sound between songs

Hello;

I am using the current version of PTE. When I add more than one song (music) to my slideshow you can hear a medium loud click/static sound after one song ends and before the next song begins. I am using MP3 songs.

Does anyone know how to prevent this noise between songs?

Thanks for your help - have a great week!

Bill:

One way to fix the problem is to pre-mix the music into one track before adding them to PTE.

There are several sound editing programs that are good.

AUDACITY (Free)

Adobe Audition ($$)

But I have not heard others mention this issue with multiple tracks in PTE so someone might have other solutions.

Guest Techman1

Bill,

Have you tried other MP3 files? I haven't noticed this at all in any of the slideshows that I have created with multiple songs.

Try some other MP3's and see if you still hear the noise between tracks.

Good luck.

Fred

Techman1;

I have tried other MP3's and when I have more than one in the slideshow I hear a click/status between songs. When I pre-mix several songs together as JJR suggests there is no click. I like to add the multiple songs directly in PTE so I can control the total length of the music.

Thanks for your response!

It's a strange problem, because PTE starts a next track immediately after previous one (without any delay). What can you say about music composition during last second of the first track? Is it fades to silence?

Please make another test.

Add again two music tracks.

Click "Time-line" button and place cursor on 10 seconds before end of the first track and click "Play" button. Will this "click" occur again between tracks?

I think this sound effect may be caused because of sharp border between two tracks when they are totally different in first and last 10 milliseconds (1/100 of second). PTE instantly starts playing of new track and we may hear sound click.

Usually compositions have at least 10-100 milliseconds of silence at begining and at the end.

To:- Bill Artman-Clicking Sounds

Bill,

May I ask a few questions about your Music Tracks - apparently you are using MP3's !

1)

From where are you getting the origional Music Tracks:- CD or Radio or Disc or Tape or TV ?

2)

How are you getting those 'Tracks' into your PC:- CD Player- Tape Player- HiFi Amp- Line In- Aux In ?

3)

What are you using to convert those 'Tracks' into MP3's ?

4)

Are you using a Sound Editor to join those 'Tracks' together ?

Answers to these simple questions will more than likely identify the source of the 'Clicks'

Brian.Conflow.

Admin and Conflow;

Thanks for your reply. I have not responded until I checked the forum as I usually get email notification when someone replies but it looks like the email notification is not working.

I will do the testing you suggest and will report my findings in a couple of days. Thanks again for your help!