WnSoft Forums

Problem with second piece of music

Ian Cartwright

As a new user with only a couple of shows behind me, I have not sussed all of the pitfalls. My frustrating problem is the show is running well until the point is reached where a second piece of music begins. The image flickers between the same 2 slides for a while, then a couple of others before sticking on another. The music seems to carry on ok although there is a very short bit of noise between tracks. I can't seem to stop the show with escape or any other click. I've reloaded the music and thought I had cracked it, but embarrassingly, the problem came again when showing a client. The music tracks are mp3s. The Jpegged images are not very large. Any suggestions?

Ian:

Are the two pieces of music one mp3, or two ??

Are they made with the same specs ?

If they are two separate files, you might have better luck putting them into one mp3 with spoftware mentioned in many other threads: Acoustica mp3 audio mixer, or Cool Edit 2000 and STudio plug-in. Both can be found on the web through GOOGLE. Acoustica is a basic program and will do 90% of what you may ever want to do. It is quite cheap.

The other has many bells and whistles which you pay for.

You migth also have a problems with transitions on the images being too close to each other at the sametime as you are changing music. If you are using 4.0beta and the synch timeline, you can check this by looking at the gray markings on the timeline.

Hope that helps

Jim

Thanks, Jim. How was I going to manage without the ability to shorten, merge, fade etc. music and other sounds?

I have downloaded Acoustica and joined together the two tracks into one. I thought I had cracked it, but all I got was silence until I checked the box to use the internal WAV/MP3 player. I note that PTE recommends not to do this. Is this the way to make it work, and will anyone who receives a copy have any problems?

Ian:

If the two MP3 files played before they were joined, I am not sure why they would not play after joining !

I never tick off the box for the internal player and mine work fine.

Were the joined files saved as an mp3 in Acoustica ? (You have to watch out as sometimes Acoustica adds one second to the mp3 file at the front end when saving it)

Other than that, which is not much :blink: , I am afraind I can't help you, but someone more technically minded will solve it for you I am sure.

Jim

The two files joined together became 1 MP3 which played ok before putting it into the slideshow. I let it run for more than a second before deciding it hadn't worked. I don't understand why adding a second of silence at the beginning would make any difference, once the second has passed.

Is it a problem that I am using the internal player?

Ian:

The extra second of silence, if added, would add a second to your show and upset any customization that you might have done.

If it is there, you can either remove the second, or use Alrobin's PTE Adjustor. See his posting on the forum at the "heart" http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=329:

;) As to the internal vs extrernal player, I can't honestly help you except to say I never check the internal player and everything runs fine for me

Jim