WnSoft Forums

Problems with Master Video and link to when trying for a video loop

Almark

I have done this before successfully, but I can't get it work at all now. I have tried it with one rain.mp4 and then two files the same but with different names. I can select Master video for the first one , but for the second I cannot get link to rain to stick, it reverts back to Master video. If I select single video, it doesn't play. Mac V10.5.8 Intel build 3

I am sure I improbably being a complete muppet, but the brain fog is mighty to day.  Project zipped attached. I simply want the second slide to have rain.mp4 looped to cover the full transition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rain_Aug24-2022_20-33-11.zip

Hi Mark,

You use Master & Linked Video when you want a single video to run over multiple slides.

What I think you are trying to do is run a short video over a single slide which has a duration that is longer than the video.

By slowing down the video - I set the Speed to 50% - it gives you a duration of just over 12 secs which is long enough to cover the side & the Transition.

I also put a very soft blur on the video.
Depends how visible you want it to be, but on my laptop anything less that 30% opacity is not really visible.
May be different on your Mac.

If you want to keep the rain at 100% speed then you need to add a second copy with an Offset of 6 secs (the duration of the video)
This 2nd copy will then start to play as the first copy runs out.
Both are single video clips.

If in your final project the slide duration is longer than 12secs then simply add more copies with the appropriate offset.

Hope this helps - but email me if you need more.
Jill

• Thanks 1

Hi Jill,

Yes, the last you helped me out it was across two slides. I had forgotten that.

I am away at the moment in Connemara but I will get to this when I get back.

Thank you so much for your help. I was right, I was being a muppet ;)

Best wishes

Mark

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...