WnSoft Forums

Beware Latest MS Up Dates

rosy

Like a fool I downloaded all the latest MS updates my Bullguard AV was telling me to. After 3 re-starts & jiggling about I finally opened my home page which was totally different than earlier today. The bottom info bar was minus 1/2 the items I had on it originally. Then when I opened the forum page & tried to post a warning, it came on with the text from my previous topic.. Eventually I was able to add the topic with no text & type in. When you reach 82 frights like this really un nerve one. So beware all you MS users.:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Not so Rosy.

After the MS update, my desktop changed & internet connection kept dropping out. Just done an HP diagnostic check & it said MS had removed a programme called Realtec wireless Lan driver which I don't understand, it gave me the option to re-install it which I did, now mt desktop looks as it did before the update, have I boobed?:o

Rosy PS I'm still on Windows 10.

Rosy. LAN Drivers for Microsoft Windows 10 (DCHU")

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't get any comments on this problem so I assume no one else had it?

So after a suffering a month of dropping wifi signals to my PC & BT trying to tell me my PC was the problem, they decided to send some kit which they said would cure it. This morning, a month after I reported the fault to BT, their solution arrived.  A pair of TP-Link AV1000 pass through powerline Starter kit Powerline which transmits the signal through the properties wiring? So much for BT's super fibre hub!!!

Just finished installing them & up to now haven't had a signal drop out. They are on sale at Amazon for £29 if anyone has the same problem. Fingers crossed.:wacko:

Rosy.

• 2 weeks later...