WnSoft Forums

V. 11.0 Beta 2 - Export Slides to Images-file size?

goddi

Greetings,

I tried out the 'Export Slides to Images'. I'm just curious as to the file size of exporting a slide to jpg vs png.

The original size of the slide is 425KB. When I export the slide as a jpg, the size is 668 KB. But when I export it as a png, the size is 3.77MBs.

Just wondering why the huge difference in the size between the exported jpg and the png.

Thanks...Gary

On 10/22/2022 at 3:15 PM, goddi said:

I tried out the 'Export Slides to Images'. I'm just curious as to the file size of exporting a slide to jpg vs png.

The original size of the slide is 425KB. When I export the slide as a jpg, the size is 668 KB. But when I export it as a png, the size is 3.77MBs.

Just wondering why the huge difference in the size between the exported jpg and the png.

Gary,

PNG is a lossless compression and for photos resulting file weights much more than JPEG. You can try to save the same picture in Photoshop and you will get a similar file size.

For JPEG you can adjust Quality (compression) parameter to set a balance between a file size and visual quality.

Greetings Igor,

What is strange to me is that the original size is only 425KB but the export to a png will balloon the size up to  3.77MBs. That is a bit hard to comprehend how the size can become so large from such a smaller file.:blink: I do see that Photoshop will produce similar results if a small jpg is saved as a png. Never noticed that before.

Thanks... Gary