WnSoft Forums

Silde Show & Music

woolie

I have recently downloaded PTE 4.42 and I am trying to synchronise my slideshow with a piece of original music. I have added the music via the project options dialog box and have added slides via the time line, as soon as I click “preview” the first note of the music is heard along with the appearance of the first slide then the whole system freezes and I have to use task manager to get me back to the main PTE sceen.

If I try another preview a box appears to tell me the music duration is “0” even though the file still appears in project options.

I am relatively new to PTE and have managed so far only to have generated a slide show with no sound. Can anyone shed any light as to what the problem is?

I have tried loading my music in .mp3 and.wav, I would prefer to use wave for the best quality.

Woolie:

While wav files are the "best", if you use mp3 at 128 or 96 kbps, I doubt if anyone can tell the difference. WAV file sizes will overtax PTE (and most other AV software)

The other question is what file size are your images. Many of us use 1024x768 pixel images with a file size of 200-300kb

See if that helps.

If not, the next question is what are the specs for the computer

Thanks JRR

Have tried 128kbps .mp3 file and same thing happens, pictures are on average 770 x 513.

It also seems to lock up my sound, I have to reboot to get the sound back, I am using an Edirol UA-20 USB audio capture device for my sound, which is plugged in to my studio monitor system.

Have an AMD 1800 processor and plenty of HD space.

Have no problems running Photoshop CS or Cubase SX.

Woolie,

Is you sound tied to the first slide only? It should not happen if you are using the project options, but check the slide options and see if "play new music" is checked. You may have a conflict between slide options and project options.

Alan

I have now reduced all my picture jpegs to the high setting in PS (as I was previously using the maximum setting) so all the files are below 270kb and I have reduced my music file to mp3 at 96kbps and the same thing is happening! I have also saved the project and tried running it from outside the program and the result is the same.

Thanks Alan for your post, I have set the music file in project options and added slides via the timeline box, I have checked in the customise slide box and there is no music selected for individual slides.

I have also downloaded a slide show from one of the recommended websites, when I try to run it I just get a blank screen. Maybe there’s something up with my system??

Have just got it working!!

Had to disable my Edirol audio device and re-enable the internal laptop sound. Obviously it's the audio device that's the problem, the sound is not so good with the laptop speakers but it's good enough to be able to sync the pictures with the music.

:)