WnSoft Forums

Adjustor alert

alrobin

Just for fun, Michel, I loaded your excellent "Travail" demo-effects show into "Adjustor", and it showed red all through it, indicating timing conflicts.

Knowing that this could not be so, I did a few simple measurements, and realized that for non-timeline-synched shows the measurement of the times is different than for "synched" shows. i.e. the "delay" starts at the end of the "transition" time, so there can be no conflict in the case of these types of presentations.

So, unfortunately, it's back to the drawing-board this AM to correct this. My apologies to anyone who has been frustrated by this glitch. I will let you know when the new version is posted.

I can now sympathize with Igor - at least he tests out his software more than I do before releasing it! ;)

Ciao,

Al

Al, I personally don't have a problem when "glitches" appear. I think it is great that you "publish" the problems. I figure when you or boxig or nobeefstu or anyone else is able and willing to help in programming areas - we recipients should be grateful to the n'th degree. We should simply understand that your willingness to let us in on the ground floor may mean a little longer climb to the goal. I think it is far different than when a commercial product is rushed to market for big bucks and still has errors that are living proof that the software is not tested to any meaningful degree. I think Igor is very wise in sharing his Beta's as he does. We users can always stick with the "proven" version until we feel the new features justify the risk of the new version.

OK, Bob, I just uploaded the latest corrections to the model to fix some glitches in the "non-synched" version. (see beta 2.04 on my web page, PTE Items . By the way, it's still noon in parts of PTE-land! ;)

As before, be my guest, but please inform me of any more glitches or improvement suggestions.

Ciao,

Al

I admit.

I had no more used this Alrobin's utility after its first appearance. I'd get a very good impression (I'd said, I think).

Today I've checked the two last versions (v2 and v2.04 beta), and I was much impressed by the progress of this "spreadsheet". Its convenience and its suitability are outstanding, and also its use (after a first moment necessary to understand and learn how it's working) is very easy.

I think this "PTE Time Adjustor" should have to become an usual and needful tool for all make sync shows with PTE. And I must say a big THANKS to Al.

Thanks, Guru.

If you liked the previous version, you will love this one!

I have automated the fle loading and saving procedures and uploaded a new beta, 2.05, to my site, Adjustor Model

Enjoy!

Anythng else you would like it to do? Cappucino anyone? :)

Ciao,

Al

Nice work Al, sounds like it your really polishing it up. I just DL'd it and hope to try it tomorrow. I will mention here the link in your latest message here would not work for me. I went to your webpage (in earlier messages) and the DL link on your page worked no problem. Thank you now, again.

Sorry, Bob. You are right, I forgot to put on the ".htm"! :) (Thats what I get for working too late!). Glad you were able to use the old one.

Here is the correct one for anyone else who is stumped: Adjustor Model :)

Ciao,

Al

Sorry, folks to bother you with another glitch.

I just realized that the method used for searching for PTE files in the new automated beta version of "Adjustor" was implemented first in Excel 2000. Users of Excel 97 will have to stick to the "old" manual method for loading PTE files into the model and then saving them to ".prn" files.

I hope to correct this by using the previous method for file searching (i.e. by using the "Dir" function instead of the "FileSearch" object.)

Will advise everyone when this is available. Bill Gates says he's sorry for the inconvenience! :(