WnSoft Forums

Static click between songs

Bill Artman

Hello;

I am using PTE 4.42. When I create a slide show and add more than one song in Project Options/Music there is a click with a small burst of static after the first song ends and before the second song begins. I am using MP3's that I downloaded from Napster.

Does anyone know what is causing the static click noise?

Thanks!

Bill:

I think that is a new one. I don't recall hearing of this issue before. Someone will likely come along with an answer for you (hopefully other than the one I am about to give... ;) )

I always feel it is better to merge all separate tracks into one so you are dealing with one sound track, that allows the merging of tracks to happen on a controlled basis, no jarring transitions between tracks etc. Plus you can give a nice fade out at the end.

There are lots of good sound editing softwares out there. See Guido's great webpage for advice here

Bill, these noises are simply little extracurrent peaks. But it is very easy to erase them with any audio editor: in Audacity e.g. you can go to Edit > Silence, or delete a little (100-200 msec) selection of the track.

P.S.: Thanks Jim!

You are right, it happens because PicturesToExe start playback of a next music file instantly after finishing of previous file. No delay. So if your sound files don't contain usual silence moments at beginning and end, then such "effect" may occurs.

However I'll try to reproduce it to test again.

Thanks,

Jim, Guido and Admin1

Thanks for your responses. I have downloaded Audacity as Guido suggested. I would really be nice (much faster and easier) to use multiple songs directly in Project Options/Music without having to join them in an external sound editor.

Have a great week!

Bill,

It is possible to use multiple music selections without joining them in a sound editor, but in order to do this effectively you have to observe common practices when dealing with sound files such as making sure each one is terminated properly, just as Guido has indicated. It's also called "head and tailing".