WnSoft Forums

Show is perfect, vid for DVD is NOT!

lathompson

I have built a great slideshow, it works fine playing on the computer and burned to a CD, it is fine also. My client also wants a DVD and after preparing the VID file from PTE, and with the same settings I have used for hundreds of successful burns, it doesn't play right.

This is a simple show. 124 images, with my tried and true soundtrack. It opens with a first image coming up, music starts and all images are syncronized to my music. Just like I've done hundreds of times.

When I make the video, using my standard settings, I am invited to view it before going to into the DVD process. I give it a go, and the first thing I see is an image that should be th 40th image to appear. It is split, with the bottom half on top, the top half on bottom, with a 1 inch band of black separating them. The colors are all reversed. The transitions are working but the images are not changing. The music plays on. Now this is before I ever get the file into Movie Factory 3.

I did it again, using TMGenc and after it was done, I reviewed it. It was exactly the same. I've rebuilt the show 3 times. It is the same each time.

Is this something that's happened to anyone? I mean, I make these shows 4 times a day at least. I never have a problem. I'm confused!

Larry T

Update:

I just updated my P2E program to the latest version, 4.42 and rebuilt the show again. Same problem. Took each image into photoshop and resaved each image. Same problem

ps: Accidently posted original message twice. when I posted, I received no message that the post was successful (both times actually).

Larry T

Well, I guess my problem is confusing everyone. Nobody wants to venture a guess... Oh, well... I'll just talk to myself...

update: I just loaded an earlier version, version 4, beta 8, of P2E onto ANOTHER computer and the VID file produced a very perfect finished piece.

Went back to the problem computer and brought up another slideshow .pte from a previous job and did a VID file for it. It was done flawlessly without a problem using the same setup as the problem show.

So... What now?

Hi, Larry,

I hate to see a man without anyone to talk to, so here goes.

I haven't had much experience with video, particularly with the new versions of PTE as I prefer to show my resentations as EXE files, so I can't offer any help. However, maybe this is something that Igor should have a look at. It wouldn't hurt to send him an email, although he is very good at picking up problems from the Forum postings.

Maybe if you post a message on the "Video" section of this forum someone there will jump in and offer some hints. Best of luck.

I have seen this Error on one show I did.

I was only playing with the video output

and I was not wanting to create anything.

So I never looked into why it was doing it.

I don't remember what Video it was. I looked for

a while but can not find it.

So you are not alone. I just don't know how it happened?

and I can't recreate it either.

cc

Thanks for jumping in guys, but I think that some things weren't meant to be explained.

I copied all the files for this show to a CD. I created a new folder on the root drive and dropped all images, the music and the .PTE file. I opened it, removed all the images from the timeline, then reinstated all images from the new folder locations. Erased all the previously set music and then reloaded the music from it's new location.

Next, I when through the options one at a time and saw that for this particular show, I had changed the mouse button actions to NONE and NONE. I changed them back to PREV SLIDE and NEXT SLIDE where I normally have it set. All other settings remained the same. I saved the .pte and the .exe.

I then built the video output and encoded with TMGEnc. It was a perfect mpg for my DVD burn. Absolutely no problem.

I went back and changed the mouse buttons back to NONE and NONE. Repeated the encoding and... well, it was a perfect mpg again. I could not repeat the problem.

It would appear that my picking all the files out and dropping them fresh from a CD into a new folder, took the hiccup out of my program. Now all is well, which just goes to show you that HAL is still alive and messing with us.

I don't think the program had anything to do with this situation and I don't think anyone is going to explain it. It's just something to add to a vast, evergrowing little population of oddities, never to be solved by anyone. Oh well...

Larry T