WnSoft Forums

User Control of Show

Eric Athroll

Hi

I want to make a video show from a PTE show that will display a video control panel so that the show will auto run by also may be paused or moved back and forth between images.

I have no p[roblems with the making of the PTE show or making an SVCD/DVD from it but am not familiar with the inclusion of a video control panel.

Is this possible and how does one do it?

Eric

when a dvd is produced or a vcd/svcd -- the fancy stuff - buttons - nav bar etc disappear -- the dvd player controls are then the only functioal controls -- but the controls you build into the exe -- run continuous -- sync - fade etc remain

depennding on the authoring software for the dvd, certain controls can be built in to the dvd for "chapter" display -- my experience here is limited as i have not seen a need -- each piece of of software has different terminolgy and confusion takes over in my case

as mentioned many times in the past it now becomes absolutely necessary to properly position text, set screen size and frames around picture position to get satisfactory results

these settings really cannot be laid down as only the person developing the show knows what the final "playing" hardware is going to be and what may be right for one person's system may not "fit" another's

that is why it becomes imperative to view a dvd on different tv screens and or projector screens before you say "that's a rap"

and a final thought -- if there is any chance that the work will be shown in a different country include a show for the various PAL - NTSC and SECAM.

ken

I think you will find that it is the disc itself which is either NTSC or PAL so that the likelihood of being able to mix standards is remote. DVDs made on home PCs are Region Free but either NTSC or PAL.

However, just as we in the UK have been able to play NTSC DVDs on our PAL machines for some time now, a lot of the newer USA machines are just beginning to be made available with dual standard facility.

I have been sending Region Free PAL DVDs to the USA for some time and have had very little problems.

DaveG