WnSoft Forums

Opacity in slides

Avery

I seem to remember, years ago when I first started using PTE, that I created an ending sequence to a short slide show. The sequence was of a slide showing an object with a significant small detail near one side of it. I then created a black slide over the top of that slide. The black slide contained a transparent hole, more or less centrally, and this slide was zoomed out so far that only the transparent hole showed at the start of the sequence, i.e. the lower slide was fully revealed.

Slowly the top, black image zoomed in to black out the lower image, apart from that showing through the transparent hole. The top slide continued to zoom in and pan across the lower image until the transparent bit was centered on the detail part of the lower image and the rest of the lower slide was completely blacked out. Then slowly the zoom continued until the bottom image was completely blacked out.

I have no idea how I did it, it must have been a good ten years ago and I have only just come back to PTE AV Studio, on Mac.

Can anyone help with how to do this these days, please.

God, I just spent the last four hours trying, and failing, to do something really clever. Then, with your help, another five minutes and job done. Thank you Jill, much appreciated.

• Like 1