WnSoft Forums

OK A Difficult One for Animation & Transparency.

Avery

As always, first assume I am an idiot, but redeemable.

Now, what I am trying to do is -

Two images, one of which is -

Webp format. A rather exotic gold frame around the circumference of the slide, transparent in the main body. 1400x 1050px Webp

This image is fixed and does not move.

Second image is behind the first image (the frame) It ishows through the top image and is a simple jpeg of text and images. 1400 x 4020px jpeg.

When the show is running, this second image should pan/scroll slowly up the screen, appearing from behind the frame at the bottom and disapearing behind the frame at the top.

Now I have both images loaded in Animations. The text item was loaded first, then the frame item. I have also tried it the other way round, loading the frame image first.

Now I want to select the text layer and animate it so that it will be off the screen at the bottom and slowly scroll up and off the screen at the top.

No matter what I do, no matter which image I select, the moment I try to pan the text image to where I want it, the programme immediately grabs both the frame (top image) as well as the text image and pans them both. I cannot pan just one of the images.

No doubt I am doing something stupid -but what?

Help please.

It sounds like you have them as parent and child ie attached to each other.

Add your text image.

Then make sure you click off that so it isn't highlighted in the list of objects.

Next add your frame image. It should appear above the text image in the list of objects.

You should now be able to move the text independently.

Also if you are trying to grab it in the main viewer it may be grabbing the frame as it is over the top.

So make sure that you click on the text image in the object list.

Also go to Tools (bottom right of the window) and tick Ignore objects not selected.

You should now be able to do what you want.

Jill

Ps if you are using PTE11 then you can simply drag n drop the objects into the correct order.

It is a common mistake that even experiened user make sometimes.
But once you know about it, it is very easy to correct especially now with the new Drag'n'Drop

The Help files are useful   https://docs.pteavstudio.com/

as are Barry Beckhams video tutorials  https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/forum/8-tutorials-video-lessons/

Jill

• Like 1