WnSoft Forums

Export media names in text format ?

vii

Hi;

Drag and drop your pte file slideshow.pte on the Pte_Nom_Image.bat.

it will write a file slideshow.txt in the same directory with the names of the pictures.

If your photos are not in the drive E, change the letter in the file Pte_Nom_Image.bat      "ImageName=E."

Denis

Pte_Nom_Image.bat

Hello

Thank you very much denisb it works, during my tests it exports twice the same path with the name of the photo
example:
F:\photo\img_001.jpg
F:\photoi\img_001.jpg
F:\photoi\img_002.jpg
F:\photo\img_002.jpg

Is it possible to export only the name of the media?
If necessary, these two points are manageable with an export in an Excel file.

Hi,

When you use the same photo two times, it will export the same path two times and I can't change that.

But in your example, the path are not the same (directories photo and photoi are not the same)

The name of the Slide is not always known: Pte use the name of the main photo if it is not known.

You can try the file joined, but sometimes it is a blank name.

Denis

Pte_Slide_ID.bat

Denis,

Ideally, the names of the media and the associated slide numbers should be used.

I have 350 slides in my project but the bat only shows this

SlideID=Vide
SlideID=Vide
SlideID=Vide
SlideID=Still0206_00000
SlideID=Still0206_00001
SlideID=Still0206_00002
SlideID=Still0206_00003
SlideID=Still0206_00004
SlideID=Still0206_00005
SlideID=Still0206_00006
SlideID=Still0206_00007
SlideID=Vide
SlideID=Vide
SlideID=Vide

I make another file bat with FileName, I do not know if we can nest "FileName and ImageName" in findstr
For filenames alone from text files, I'll use Excel :-).

hi

Here is the explanation of the duplicates, I was not rigorous enough in my details.
In each slide there is a background photo and the photo in the foreground (makes a style)
When reading the 'project.pte' file in text mode, you see the images but one is ImageName and the other is PictureName.
This means that when you insert images in the 'Object and animation' module they also appear in the extraction with the bat file and this is normal.

On the other hand I did not find the solution for the Pte_Slide_ID.bat, it does not list everything

My English is not perfect, I hope you can decipher ;-)

Hi,

don't worry, I'm French and my English is not perfect!

I don't have another simple solution.

Maybe Excel or Libre office will be useful in you need only one instance of the name of the picture.

You can also made  a backup of your project in zip, unzip it and  list the *.jpg (they will appear only one time)

Denis

Yes Denis, how to differentiate a slide N°1 and a slide N°2 which has two identical images to that of N°1 in "Object and animation", it makes us 3 identical images in the project.
10, 20, 50 slides is manageable but 300 or 400 slides you can make duplicates, you have to view several to be on your editing.

Maybe our dear programmers could add a function that would indicate the number of times the image is used

Good WE