WnSoft Forums

Hand Held ?

Peter Coles

Hi Peter

Good to see you again on Friday/Saturday!

If you just want a pocket device capable of playing back a sequence, think about a Personal Media Player. These will also serve as a data back-up device for your camera. I've written a short review of some of them in AV News - see Media Players

These are not PC's, so you have to convert your sequence to a video file first. If you'd have mentioned it at the weekend I could have shown you!!

Ian

Hi Ian. Thanks for the useful information on your club website. It's a nice concise view of some possibilities and I always like the personal reference from a PTE user.

For the sake of discussion, on your comment there: Not so long ago, showing a sequence involved setting up lots of heavy equipment in a darkened room. Now, you can simply hand someone a palm-sized player and ask them what they think!!!

That being true, I'm sure none of you (true "AVists") will ever want to give up the big screen. And as for me, likeing gadgets as much as I do, it would be my preference to have the real projectors drop in price to where non-club members like myself could justify going larger rather than smaller.