WnSoft Forums

How to sync music to slide show??

Bill Artman

Hello everyone;

I am using PTE 4.43. I have a very short slide show that I would like to add music to. The length of the song is too long for the small number of slides in the show.

Is it possible with the sync timeline to tell the music to autmatically fade out and end (before the song is actually done) with the last slide in the slide show?

I don't know how to time various music lenghts with different slide show lengths so the slide duration isn't tool long or too short when the music plays.

I have looked at the music sync tutorial and I am still confused - sorry!

Thanks for your help!

Bill:

Welcome to PTE

Sorry the answer is that you will have to prepare the music to length in a sound editing software such as AUDACITY (free) and then bring it into PTE

See guido's site here for info re sound editors

I'm glad you brought up Audacity. When open an mp3 (using Import) or a wave file, and then hit the Play icon, the little black triangle moves down the music wave but I don't hear anything. This happened to the previous version and the current version. I checked all of my sound control levels and they are all set at max. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong????

Thanks... Gary

================

ADDED: Never mind...I meant to say 'midi', instead of 'mp3'. I rewrote it as a new post......

Thank you to all of your replies.

If I have 20 slides and want each one to show for 4 seconds that would give me an 80 slide show.

Would I then go in to Audacity and tell it to make the song play for only 80 seconds?

Thank you!

Thank you to all of your replies.

If I have 20 slides and want each one to show for 4 seconds that would give me an 80 slide show.

Would I then go in to Audacity and tell it to make the song play for only 80 seconds?

Thank you!

I'm assuming you mean "80" second slide show - each slide staying on screen for four seconds. If so, you could use Audacity to do two things. First set the timing to somewhere close to 80 seconds and then fade the volume for the last couple seconds. You "could" set it for exactly 80 seconds, but unless you have a critical need to have each slide remain on screen for "precisely" a fixed amount of time, it would be easier to just set the song for perhaps a little longer than 80 seconds and fade the last few bars out. Remember, you also will have some time devoted to transitions. Usually four seconds isn't sufficient time for someone to really digest an image. Perhaps eight seconds would be more realistic and then you would have some time to devote to the transitions as well. P2E can easily sync to the exact length of the selection, however long it ends up after you modify it in Audacity. Probably rather than look for an exact amount of time, find a "logical" break point in the music after a reasonable play time and do the fade from that point.

Best regards,

Lin