WnSoft Forums

Pan effect and DVD

stonemason

Has anyone rendered a slideshow to avi or mpg with the push effect set to .1ms to give the effect of panoramic pan. I did this and it works well as exe file but gives a wide black band between slides on dvd or svcd. Is there a cure for this, and will the new pan effect in version 5 fix this problem. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Stonemason

If you have rendered the avi at less than 100% then this band appears on push effect- so the compromise, I'm afraid, is to accept that the side edges of the images could be clipped on a TV screen, which is of course why the advice is to render slightly smaller (90-95%).

I have had to re-encode several shows to 100% to avoid this black band when transferring to DVD.

Roll on v 5.0 !!!

DEN (NE UK)

Igor what settings did you use for this, I am using 10 second push right to left effect, .1 millsecond display on screen time and image size of 1024 X 678 and am still getting the black band between slides. I'm using V4.43 of PTE

Stone

in april this year Ken Nickles posted a show

PTE Panorama, PTE Panorama

Apr 8 2005, 05:33 PM

Ken Nickles

sknickles@sbcglobal.net

has posted a pte panorama at the cottage -- real neat

the thread describes how to do it

and i have just posted into the thread to help you

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....=20entry19903

ken