WnSoft Forums

Transitioning Between Shows

rick k

I have a series of five P2E shows that are daisy-chained to one another, using the "Run application after last slide" feature under Advanced Project Options. This works really well, with one exception. Sometimes, between shows, the desktop appears for a split second. This interrupts an otherwise seamless transition between the shows (I have it set up so that the last slide of a given show and the first slide of the next show are identical). This also happens randomly - sometimes the transition is seamless, sometimes the desktop appears briefly. I have made sure that the "Show first transition effect from desktop" and the "Show transition effect to desktop after last slide" boxes under Screen Project Options are unchecked, but to no avail.

The shows are each custom synchronized to the music, could it have something to do with music duration vs. duration of last slide image? Any suggestions would be most appreciated for solving this problem.

Rick:

I use daisy chaining a fair bit and while previewing I get the momentary view of the desktop at times, or even just a flicker of the mouse on a black screen, but when they are shown from the .exe file at the REAL presentation, I have never had a problem.

I suually try to leave a .25 second black screen at the end of the first show and the start of the second show (and ditto if more are being daisy chained.)

Haven't had a flash of the desktop in my presentations of this type for some months now but I do have the occasional flash of a black band across the first image on a change.

Ron [uK]

I haven't a flash when using this function with a PTE exe file, but I don't use the function "show transition effect to desktop after last slide" (when you use it you see the desktop a short time, of course).

I try to launch by this way a mediashow slideshow, which is not so fast as PTE and had a flash, so I can found an answer :

The easiest way is to use the "run application function" in a last slide that you can make especially for that if necessary so you can decide the duration you need to launch the external application before the slideshow stop.

With this method, it's right, even with a the slideshow which had problem before and you can use the "show transition effect to desktop after last slide" in order it stay nice if the external applcation isn't find.

I too do not use "show transition effect to desktop" ever. It is a feature that does not fit in with my presentations. So this would not be the reason for the occasional broad black band across the screen on the first image on a change.

Ron [uK]

I have a series of five P2E shows that are daisy-chained to one another, using the "Run application after last slide" feature under Advanced Project Options. This works really well, with one exception. Sometimes, between shows, the desktop appears for a split second. This interrupts an otherwise seamless transition between the shows (I have it set up so that the last slide of a given show and the first slide of the next show are identical). This also happens randomly - sometimes the transition is seamless, sometimes the desktop appears briefly. I have made sure that the "Show first transition effect from desktop" and the "Show transition effect to desktop after last slide" boxes under Screen Project Options are unchecked, but to no avail.

The shows are each custom synchronized to the music, could it have something to do with music duration vs. duration of last slide image? Any suggestions would be most appreciated for solving this problem.

Have you tried making the background screen of the PC the same your start/end slide?

-Andrew