WnSoft Forums

"The Seasons" , A Year in the Colorado Highcountry

onbelaydave

Pictures to be jealous of!!!! How do you manage to get that close to animals?

What camera are you using?

One thing though, why are you using different formats for your pictures? I don't mean landscape and portrait, but I noticed some of the pictures are smaller than others. This is somewhat annoying if you watch the fading. I watched the show at a 1280x1024 resolution. Pictures were crystal clear.

I don't live near the mountains (Holland is very flat), but I climb my way up every summer. Can only dream to make this kind of pictures..... :(

Brillant shots :):)

Landscapes, flowers, animals.. you master very well each subject !

As Marianne, I noticed the changing sizes of the pictures. I find it disturbing.

Contrary to her, I find the constant changing between landscape and portrait presentation very disturbing too.

The last point concerns the music ; why not synchronize music and transitions ?

I too have a question ; where did you take these pictures ?

Very nice slideshow ! B)B)

Thank you for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

Very nice! I recognized many of the places (RMNP & Maroon Bells areas) and enjoyed the show very much. Welcome to the P2E forums!

Soon Igor & company will have the Ken Burns effects which will allow some of the beautiful panorama's I know you must have made. I did a similar show using ProShow Gold for some friends and clients and am looking forward to duplicating using P2E soon - maybe by Christmas we will have a beta to test.

Here's a link to mine - I'm sure you will recognize lots of the same places (RMNP, Maroon Bells, Mt.Evans, etc.).

http://www.lin-evans.net/coloradonature/rockymtn.exe

Best regards,

Lin (Berthoud area)

Thanks for all the comments everyone !

A few details per requests. 50% of the photo's were taken with a Fuji S2 DSLR, 25% from scanned Provia slide film shot w/a Nikon N90s, and the other 25% were taken with my new Nikon D2x. All cameras use the same Nikon len's and MANY were used. 99% of the photos were taken in the Front Range of Colorado, USA either in Rocky Mountain National Park, the Rawah Wilderness, or the Indian Peaks Wilderness. The only exceptions are 2 photo's from the Zirkel Wilderness E of Steamboat, and 2 photo's from the Flat Tops Wilderness, SW of Steamboat. The vast majority were taken deep in the backcountry, on backpacking trips of up to 1 week.

That was Very, Very Nice! Beautiful photos. I'm jealous of your coyote shots... sharp, clean, nice background. Terrific scenics also. I especially like your style of capturing small wildflowers in the nearest foreground and including gorgeous vistas in the background.

I thought the music was pretty nice. I liked the gentle flute beginning, didn't like the more sythesized electric bit in the middle and liked the last third.

I find it interesting that someone didn't like the different size images nor the different formats. Neither bothered me. If fact, I prefer to see smaller images of small objects. For example, I think a small bird should not appear hugely larger on screen than in reality. On the other hand, I want the biggest image possible for a scenic. Just my preferences, I guess.

Let's see some more, eh?

Cheers,

Ben