WnSoft Forums

Photoshop question

Marianne

Hello,

I have been working with Photoshop for several years now. But lately I realized I do a lot of mouseclicking which shouldn't be necessary. I'll try to explain what I want, perhaps someone has a solution for me. 'Googling' didn't bring one.

I am in the habit of opening maybe 10 files in one time. Then I start working on the first one, then the next, etc. Often I compare 2 or 3 pictures to get the best and leave the others. But Photoshop opens new files in a windowed mode. I click on the maximize icon and then I have my full working space. But whenever I change to another picture it is in windowed mode. So I have to click again to maximize. Once I have done this, after changing the full window stays.

Question is:

How do I tell Photoshop to open all new images in a maximized window?

Conflow, perhaps you have a solution?????

Hello,

I have been working with Photoshop for several years now. But lately I realized I do a lot of mouseclicking which shouldn't be necessary. I'll try to explain what I want, perhaps someone has a solution for me. 'Googling' didn't bring one.

I am in the habit of opening maybe 10 files in one time. Then I start working on the first one, then the next, etc. Often I compare 2 or 3 pictures to get the best and leave the others. But Photoshop opens new files in a windowed mode. I click on the maximize icon and then I have my full working space. But whenever I change to another picture it is in windowed mode. So I have to click again to maximize. Once I have done this, after changing the full window stays.

Question is:

How do I tell Photoshop to open all new images in a maximized window?

Conflow, perhaps you have a solution?????

Hi Marianne,

Sorry I can't help you on this occasion as I switched over to "Paint-2.Net" last year (It's part of Microsofts'.NET Framework System)

Concerning Photoshop, yes I do agree with you, it can be a real 'chore' and gets frustrating every time you wish to bring in a new Photo.

Paint-2.Net does not have that problem, you can open one Photo after the other and it also has a fast comparitor called "Recent" which stores your most recent viewings where you can jump from one to another and add layers for comparison purposes. This Program is 'Free' form Microsoft but you must have the (dot) .NET Framework System installed on your PC for it to work. Your problem is the very reason I changed over to Paint-2.Net.

Paint-2.NET is Microsofts Paint Program' that was completely re-designed by Microsoft & Washington State University. It incorporates many 'Photoshop Elements' with Multi-Layering and unlimited 'Undo & Redo' and a host of powerful new extras not available in Photoshop.

Put it this way...it suits all my Photo Edit needs ~ maybe someone else may have an answer to your Photoshop problem.

Brian.Conflow.

Marianne,

There's a good reason for Photoshop opening all photos first in windowed mode. It allows you to see at a glance how many files are open, and the way PS stacks them all makes it easy to view different images in turn. Sometimes I open as many as 40 or 50 small jpeg files at a time. It also allows you to see at a glance how large each is, relative to the next.

However, when you maximize one image, it maximizes them all. From then on, I usually view each image by clicking on "Window", which lists all of the files open, unless I want to step back down to the "minimized" view again to copy part of one image to another. I find PS's system works very well for me. I especially like the ability in PS to put the toolbars over on the second monitor, and it actually remembers to do that next time, unless I have played around with the screen resolutions in the meantime.

Hi Marianne when you open several files in photoshop just make the one you wish to work on active and hit the F key to maximise the image and when you have finished working on it hit F twice more to take it back to windowed mode. Hope this helps oh and the F key is with caps lock off

stonemason

However, when you maximize one image, it maximizes them all.

Yes, but that doesn't happen with me! And that is what I want.

And I know about the F key, but that is not the way I want it. I want to be able to close the file with the uppercorner cross. And using the F key shows another kind of full window.

Perhaps I have changed something in the preferences, but I can't find it anymore