WnSoft Forums

Extracting sound files from PTE

morturn

A friend of mine has lost some of his sound files that they used to make a couple of PTE presentations.

I was able to open the PTE file in Adobe Audition as a raw file, and separate out the sound track and save it as an MP3 file.

Since I did this, I have gave my computer its spring clean, formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows and all other programmes.

I had a go at retrieving another of my friend’s sound files yesterday, but was unable to repeat extracting the sound file.

I think it may be because some old video codec’s have been deleted

Does anyone know an answer to this?

I don't know the answer but there is another way of copying the music track. I have just experimented as follows.

1. Have the sequence ready to play. In Audition Options>Windows Recording Mixer - Recording Control select "What U Here". (You may have to set the level by experimentation).

2. Set Audition recording.

3. Play the Sequence. At this point Images will fill the screen so you can't minimise and see what is happening in Audition.

4. Once the sequence has finished and has returned you to desktop you can stop Audition recording and you can trim off as much as you wish of silence at the beginning and end.

I had not experimented this way until a few minutes ago and it worked for me. Good luck and maybe someone else will come up the exact answer to your query.

Ron [uK]

Hi morturn have a look at this http://www.highcriteria.com/ prog is called Total Recorder with it you can record anything playing through your sound card start total recorder then run the PTE slideshow and Total Recorder will record the soundtrack. It also records streaming audio from the web. Hope this helps.

Regards

stonemason

In Audition Options>Windows Recording Mixer - Recording Control select "What U Here". (You may have to set the level by experimentation).

Ron [uK]

Ron:

Not sure what you mean by "What U here" I have no option like that when select Windows recording mixer. I get:

Mono Mix,

Stereo Mix,

SPDIF,

AUX,

CD player,

Line in,

Microphone,

Phone line

Using Realtek AC97 Audio card

I am no expert in this stuff, so I might have missed the obvious

Jim, like you I am no expert in this stuff, so the Windows Recording Mixer may be related to the Sound Card which in my case is a SB Audigy 2.25 Audio and the settings are:

Music Synth

"What U Hear"

S/P Dif-In

CD Digital

Analog MiMicrophone

Wave

Ron [uK]

Jim, like you I am no expert in this stuff, so the Windows Recording Mixer may be related to the Sound Card which in my case is a SB Audigy 2.25 Audio and the settings are:

Music Synth

"What U Hear"

S/P Dif-In

CD Digital

Analog MiMicrophone

Wave

Ron [uK]

Sorry about that miss posting.

What Ron says is correct, "what you hear" is tied in with the sound card with creative cards

Mike

Mersea Island

England

A friend of mine has lost some of his sound files that they used to make a couple of PTE presentations.

I was able to open the PTE file in Adobe Audition as a raw file, and separate out the sound track and save it as an MP3 file.

Since I did this, I have gave my computer its spring clean, formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows and all other programmes.

I had a go at retrieving another of my friend’s sound files yesterday, but was unable to repeat extracting the sound file.

I think it may be because some old video codec’s have been deleted

Does anyone know an answer to this?

Not sure if this is what you can use but I have a very in-expensive program that at the time cost $3.00 and it went up to $12.00 but it is called "Rip Vinyl" For instance you can play any CD and rip the whole CD on any single song or you can play any slide .exe pesenation and rip just the music. Here is their e-mail: support@ripvinyl.com and here is their web page: http://www.ripvinyl.com/orderinfo.shtml

Harry