WnSoft Forums

Project Options-Advanced-ActionOnExit

aplman

In Project Options-Advanced, there are three possibilities offered for ActionOnExit:

Do not run / Run Application / Run Slideshow

I am often finding that the "action" I need is "Return", i.e. return to the slide that called the current project, often from a button via "Call Slideshow with Return".

Would Igor like to provide this?  Or am I missing something?

Maybe I am missing something?

In the scenario that you describe there is no need of an "Action On Exit" - this will occur automatically.

Example:

Two EXE files each of 5 slides (Show A and Show B). Both shows made in the same version of PTE

On Slide 3 of Show A I have a Button which has the action: Run Slideshow (Show B ) and Return. When the Button is clicked on during the running of Show A, Show B starts and plays to the end at which point it returns to Slide 3 of Show A without the need of an "Action On Exit" for Show B.

If you point to a Show made in a different version you should get an error message.

If you use "Run Application or Open File" and point to an EXE which is not made in the same version the "Return" to the original Slide in Show A is again made without the need for an "Action On Exit" for Show B.

DG

• Like 1

Thanks Dave.  I do appreciate your help.

I fear I had not expressed my concern well, as I am labouring under difficulties at the moment.  I really had two (or more) questions and should have put them up separately.

So now I would like to ask a single question -  what is the recommended way of showing in Show A that the button for Show B has already been activated?  If I use the Clicked font colour, does it remain in that state after Returning from Show B?

Ken T.