WnSoft Forums

Old Woman of the Roads

JRR

(SHOULD SAY "ON BEECHBROOK !!!)

This presentation was the entry by my wife and myself in the Supercircuit this year. Last year’s

entry, a nature documentary on turtles did not fare well at all. (Turtles of Petrie Island seen on Bechbrook last year)

Based on the few well scoring presentations that we saw from last year, we knew we needed to

have something that would be emotional and/or very cleverly humourous to do better this year.

So this was our attempt.

It did not fare well either. :(:(

I did manage to get some feedback from two of the judges in the Canadian showing of the Supercircuit. After hearing the critique, we agree with the assessment fully.

- The beginning and ending sequence of the lady walking down the road was excellent

- The dream sequence was over-exposed and not dream-like enough, too static

By the way, it was shot in the summer in 31°C temperatures. Our friend playing the part of the

Old Woman was well dressed in heavy wool scarf and cape. She was not happy with us !!!

Pls note:

Any and all (constructive :):D ) comments welcome

Not having seen the competition, it's difficult to judge, but I didn't find that the dream sequences were objectionable in terms of exposure, etc., actually very nicely done. My only suggestion would have been to alter the timbre of the narration so that there was a bit more bass and a bit less "bite" in the voice. Also I would have diminished the volume of the rain a tad in the last sequence vis a vis the background music and perhaps used an audio fade a little stronger in the last five seconds.

All in all I found it to be an excellent job.

Best regards,

Lin