WnSoft Forums

Free MP3s ...

DC47

Hi Group;

I've done pretty well using the program since I bought & downloaded it two weeks ago. I'll continue to learn and evolve. One minor thing is trying to find free, and copyright free, music. Do any of you have any good web sites to recommend? As a professional photographer I don't want my images copied illegally and would not want to grab songs that were copyrighted. I found that some musicians have free MP3s to download legally.

So any ideas on web sites ... for free, and copyright free, songs is appreciated.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, PPA C.P.P. Liason, PPA Recon Copyright Team, ASP

floryphotog@mindspring.com

Good luck with free MP3s, there are likely some (are you giving away any of your photos these days?? :) )

Best bet is to google Royalty Free Music, or even just do a search this forum as Royalty Free music is a recurrent topic

I have listed some sources on my web site at www.digital-av.co.uk

There have been many threads about this so you could also do a search on this PTE Forum.

Welcome by the way! :)

Hope this helps. :D

BW Maureen

Hi Group;

I've done pretty well using the program since I bought & downloaded it two weeks ago. I'll continue to learn and evolve. One minor thing is trying to find free, and copyright free, music. Do any of you have any good web sites to recommend? As a professional photographer I don't want my images copied illegally and would not want to grab songs that were copyrighted. I found that some musicians have free MP3s to download legally.

So any ideas on web sites ... for free, and copyright free, songs is appreciated.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, PPA C.P.P. Liason, PPA Recon Copyright Team, ASP

floryphotog@mindspring.com

Download.com provides a large section of mp3's, free to download legally and use. There's quite a range of music from around the World, you can also sample before download which is very helpful. Writers/Musicians may not be well known in the wide world of commercial music yet you just might be pleasantly surprised, I certainly have been. A number of tracks have been ideal for background to photoslides.

Link: http://music.download.com/2001-1_32-0.html

I found this site recently which I like. The Mp3 downloads are not free, but can be puchased on a track by track basis: http://www.allofmp3.com/ for a few pennies in some cases. You can also select the sound quality of Kps.

I downloaded some music after sampling it in Windows Media Player and then purchased for use in a PTE project.

Bill