WnSoft Forums

Pheasant

Steve S

With my system WinZip ".....could not open the file.... not a valid archive...."

Ron [uK]

Hello Steve

Funny, original and pheasant... euh pleasant slideshow :D:D:D

I just find that the bright white background becomes quickly tiring for the eyes after a few seconds and the greyish guidelines are a bit hard to distinguish due to this flashy background.

Anyway, thank you for sharing this experience ;)

Steve and Ken I am pleased to say that it worked for me this time.

That took a lot of patience Steve. Did you work backward from the original image to produce your layers? It is certainly most effective, really enjoyable and food for thought. I must try it sometime but on something more simple.

Ron [uK}

Patrick, I didn’t think about white becoming tiring on the eyes, it’s a very good point. I chose white because that’s the colour of my sketchpads. And the grey lines are the colour of my pencil. Maybe I shouldn’t have tried to be so literal.

Ron, I had the end result in mind before I started and loosely planned out a couple of significant “stages”. After that I worked on filling in the gaps. It took a while to do as I just did a bit here and there when felt like it.

Steve,

What a cool idea! I've done sketches from a photograph before and then dissolved from them to the actual photographs in a slideshow, but never thought of showing the actual drawing of the sketches themselves. Very effective! There are lots of variations on this idea, too, that one could try. :)

Steve:

I have been lurking and viewing quite a few presentations over the years that I have been a member of this forum. I have seen many creative shows and this was one of the best I have viewed. Such creativity and talent. As I shared it with my wife (commercial artist) we both sit there at the end expecting it to fly off the screen.

Great job.

Steve,

A brilliant show. What an original idea and the final result was very realistic. Ever since a guy in our club did a very humerous show based on the operation of a simulated piece of sofware designed to improve your appearance, I have been trying to think of similar ideas. A nice change from the "standard" picture show.

Jeff

• 1 month later...

Here's a short presentation that I've put together for a bit of fun. Comments and constructive criticisms are more than welcome. :rolleyes:

Pheasant (right click, Save Target As)

Hallo Steve,

a very surprising presentation, good idea to create it like this.

Adri

:D

Hi Steve

i agree with others' positive comments, but how did you produce this please? Was it done with an old-fashioned sketch pad and pencils and photographed at each stage? Or was it all drawn and painted using Photoshop? If the latter, I presume you used a graphics tablet rather than the mouse!

Regards

Andrew

PS The Art Club of which I am a member will certainly be interested in viewing this, if you have no objection.

Steve, I have downloaded the Pheasant show three times and get a corrupted file each time. What can I be doing wrong? I am able to download other files. I would love to see the show.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

dump your temp internet files [not the cookies] and try again

as i said at start of the thread it took me twice

'it tells you how bifg the file is - if it is all done in 5-10 secs it is junk - try it again and you will get it - -it almost as tho' you have to wake up the server:)

k

Howard

dump your temp internet files [not the cookies] and try again

'it tells you how bifg the file is - if it is all done in 5-10 secs it is junk - try it again and you will get it - -it almost as tho' you have to wake up the server:)

k

I tried to download Pheasant 3 times without success. Took your advice and cleaned temp files out and the download was successful.

Though it worth mentioning I use CCleaner, (a.k.a Crap Cleaner), for this purpose, one of the best little freeware programs available. Superior to Windows own Disk Cleanup, CCleaner cleans more thoroughly. After install, open CCleaner, highlight Cleaner section in left hand panel - click on Analyze - when finished this choose Run cleaner. You may be surprised at the amount of rubbish cluttering up space.

Download from: http://www.ccleaner.com/

Ken and Nathan,

Thanks for the input. I downloaded ccleaner as you suggested, Nathan and downloaded again. I still get the corrupted file message when I try to open. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

it tells you how big the file is +- 7.3 mb's - if it is all done in 5-10 secs it is junk - immediately try it again and you will get it - it almost as tho' you have to wake up the server:)

k

Thanks for all the complimentary comments.

Sorry for the downloading problems. I've been discussing this with my server provider who assured me that it would be dealt with as a priority item. For a while everything was looking good but obviously there are still problems to be ironed out.

Ken, I cleaned the files again and tried the download. Got the same message and immediately tried again,with same results. I did this three times in a row with no success. I will give it time and try again in a couple of days. Thanks.

Howard

well now i am having a problem getting

"Hubble"

from the cottage

have tried all day and keep getting bad zips tho' they are full size

magical mystical world sucks at times :blink:

Howard i could maybe email the pheasant show - it is a 7.5 meg file

email me off forum if you want to try

pbyk@sympatico.ca

ken

Ken

I have just looked at the Beechbrook list of downloads but cannot find "Hubble" :blink:

Ron [uK]

Ron

am sending this to you by email as well

are you getting the notices yet from Bill and I?

I would suspect JP has taken it down overnight

ken

Ron

fyi

ken

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2006 7:55 PM

To: pbyk@sympatico.ca

Subject: Re: jp.dollangere@free.fr PTE Presentations on Beechbrook.Com

I see that it is now no longer valid. It was when I watched it before posting it. I'll contact the author.

----- Original Message -----

To: 'PTE Presentation Notification'

Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2006 12:50 PM

Subject: RE: jp.dollangere@free.fr PTE Presentations on Beechbrook.Com

Bill i have downloaded thus 4 times now and same says the zip is an invalid file

anybody e;se having probs

the file size is what is on page so idont know what is wrong unless it is losing bits coming across the pond:))

ken

-----Original

Yes I am receiving your e-mails OK including the last one from which I was able to download "Hubble". As far as I can see there have been no additions to the Beechbrook site since I added the latest e-mail address to my Norton Allow.

Ron [uK]