WnSoft Forums

185899, in remembrance

d67

At this link you will find 185899, a very poignant homage to the concentration's camps internees of the second world war.

This slideshow was created following the visit, from a former french prisoners (the isolated person in the sequence is the uncle of the creator), to the Langenstein's nazi work camp.

Be aware that the youngest of our spectators must at first receive some explanations before viewing.

You will find detailed explanations in the read me text file included in the zip file.

Message from Patrick (D67) and Dadou (Daniel) for Eric

Comments welcome.

No reactions for this very well done slideshow. :(:(:(

It is part of our history and such a sequence, made with great sensibility, is a moving homage to these women and men who fought for democracy and liberty while never giving up.

After "Oradour - a personal response" an other great sequence about the bad hours of men's history.

Patrick

I tried to download this sequence when you first announced it, but it was taking so long that in the end I had to abandon it.

This morning I tried again but it wouldn't start.

I have just tried again now. It took over twenty minutes to download but then it wouldn't unzip. The message came up "WnZipWizard cannotopen this file, it does not appear to be a valid archive.........."

Sorry

Ron [uK]

Patrick

I tried to download this sequence when you first announced it, but it was taking so long that in the end I had to abandon it.

This morning I tried again but it wouldn't start.

I have just tried again now. It took over twenty minutes to download but then it wouldn't unzip. The message came up "WnZipWizard cannotopen this file, it does not appear to be a valid archive.........."

Sorry

Ron [uK]

Hi Ron,

That right, Ron, so, as it's a great work, I ask Eric to send it to me in order I put a good file on a second server. I hope it will done to morrow.

Thanks Jean-Pierre that downloaded in less than a minute and it is now unzipped ready for me to look at it now. I will then come back to Patrick with my comments.

Ron [uK]

Patrick

I now have had the privilege of viewing the sequence, which was a very moving experience. The sketches told the gruesome story but if they had been actual colour photographs of the actual scenes, I doubt if their viewing would have been bearable. I wondered about the title of the sequence, but I had my suspicions for I had seen such a number on a survivor from Dachau. I was 17 when the war started but it wasn't until after it ended that we were aware of the enormity of the atrocities.

As regards the rest of the sequence the first dozen or so images were tranquil and then bang the harsh reality.

Thank you for the experience. I am glad that I was able to download it from Jean-Pierre.

Ron [uK]

Hello Ron

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you to Jean-Pierre for his help.

Ron, thank you very much for your comment ... which was also mine as a saw for the first time this sequence !

To dissipate a misunderstanding, this slideshow was created by Eric Legallet and I and Daniel were both associated in strongly encouraging Eric to share his work with others.

He did not introduce his slideshow, as english is apparented to chinese for him !!!

I will translate all feedbacks to Eric.

Ron ,

As an European , don't you think that this slideshow is an important document for the young generations ?

This document comes from an ordinary person who , perhaps, eat in the same place as us .

You, us, knew these evenments by our fathers ; but I think that it is very important to see that now live people who suffered these atrocities .

To give this evocation of the human posibilities is, for me, a necesity for the education of young generations .

Never they will have the posibility to say : "we don't know".

I hope to be enough clear... but my english is so far !!!!

Daniel

I totally agree with what you have written. My grand children are of the age (17 to 24) that I was during those war years and I know that they understand about the horrors which were perpetrated. My elder grandson has produced a sequence entitled "Remembrance". As you say, quite correctly, "this slideshow is an important document for the young generations".

Ron [uK]

French, Chinese, English - it matters not Eric. You hit a good common language with your photo presentation. You present an understandable story - sad, true, and . . . hopefully teaching or at least reminding. Your creative methods were effective vehicle for the photos and drawings. Thank you.