WnSoft Forums

Problem in Templates - Note for Igor

Jill

Hi Igor,

I have found a small problem with Template creation. It does not recognise duplicate file names.

I have 2 versions of a Pte show, one is a copy of the 35mm slide version & the other is a digital version. As some of the images are common to both I have two folders Pte-Slide & Pte-Digi. However some of the images have the same name, but the image is different.

EG I have a slide called Fire from PTe-Slide & a different image called Fire from Pte-Digi. When opening the Pte project this is not a problem as it knows to look in the different folders. However when I create Templates, so I could take the files to a friends PC for creation of a DVD. The second slide called Fire overwrote the first, so that I had the same image for both slides. It did not recognise that they were from separate folders.

I know it is my fault for having 2 images with the same name, but I thought Pte would flag this when creating the Template. Maybe it is something you could fix in Version 5.

Thanks Jill

North Wales

I had trouble with this too.

I had the same image resized with the same name in different DIR.

I used a small, larger and a big version of the same picture.

When I was done with the slide show I created a template.

Six months later, when I went back to make a few changes to the show

I noticed I only had one version of the picture in my template DIR.

I now use the file size in the name (as a workaround) if I use the same picture more then once.

cc