WnSoft Forums

Graphics for v5

mbskels

Hi Ken,

Thanks - but Igor specifies GeForce and Radeon cards (commonly found in PC's) in that thread and I am unable to compare performance of those with Intel/PCI Express.

Anyone help?

Malcolm

I highly don't recommend to buy any laptop or PC with integrated Intel video solutions. Like i855 or i915

They have not enough performance. Intel even said that those video cards will not support new 3D Aero Glass Windows Vista interface.

Ideal video cards in laptop for PTE v5.00 are:

NVIDIA GeForce - 5700, 5800, 5900, 6600, 6800, 7200, 7800, 7900 or

ATI Radeon 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800, X200, X300, X600, X800, X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900

For PC:

NVIDIA GeForce 3, GeForce 4, Geforce FX or any higher described above.

ATI Radeon 8500, 9200 or any higher described above.

Many thanks for clarifying that Igor.

Unfortunately it is proving very difficult to identify a laptop with a high spec graphics card like those you specify with a native XGA screen resolution and 4:3 format. The club projector is XGA and we are advised the laptop should also be native XGA for optimal quality. In fact it is difficult to identify a laptop with a high spec graphics card that is not wide screen format.

I guess the club members will have to decide where to compromise.

One option is to use a PCMCIA card, for example the vtbook at http://www.villagetronic.com/e_pr_vtbook.html but again not sure of its performance. One of the club members uses one so I think we will wait for the beta and test it out.

Malcolm

Question for Igor:

All this talk about Graphics Cards is confusing me so I have to ask a direct question.

I have a Pentium4 3.05GHz Laptop with 512Mb of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64M Graphics Card.

What sort of performance can I expect from this when Version 5 is available?

Thanks,

Dave.

Dave,

For PTE v5.00 any CPU enough (900 Mhz and higher).

I'm not sure about your video card. Please wait for the first beta very, very soon. We polish last small moments to release beta #1.

GeForce 4 MX 440 for desktop PC has fine performance in PTE v5.00 and can gives about 140 frames per second.

v5.00 still doesn't allow to insert video clips to a slide.

Concerning objects.

You can add an object, and then insert a second object to the first object, and etc. So you can have complex hierarchy of embedded objects. A very interesting possibilities for animation, because an every object can has individial Pan/Zoom/Rotate and size, Opacity parameters. You can emulate Fade effect in one slide.

Also, for example, if you rotate one object, embedded objects will rotate, too. Like model of Solar system :)

Igor, you said quite some time ago that you would produce a slide presentation showing what the program can do! Will this also be available when the Beta1 come out?

:( I won't be able to use all of the new version but for guys like me who still have a windows 98, 197 mb and 386 mga hertz and a semi dual prop generator just our side my house will there be something I can use from the new version?

Harry

Igor, you said quite some time ago that you would produce a slide presentation showing what the program can do! Will this also be available when the Beta1 come out?

Yes

I believe that step by step all computers will be renewed, however I know how it difficult to decide to replace current reliable working PC/laptop well designed for own tasks.

Thanks for that useful information Igor.

Can I ask you then to consider adding an option to hide the taskbar during a show until it exits and not to show even when another application is called from a slide? This will allow seamless integration of external applications without the taskbar becoming visible when they are called or exit.

DEN (NE UK)