WnSoft Forums

Position of objects / individual background

Tripstrilles

Next question: There is no possibility too, to use an individual self-made background, isn´t it? If I want to use such a background I have to make it in Photo Impact and then I must paste every picture in this background-picture and store it under xx.jpg. It would be much much easier to select a background file for the slides.

Another problem is to set the position of text in object editor. The text on the bottom is to deep, and on top it is too high. It takes a lot of work, to set the position of text - to center - with mouse at 50 % with the values of shown coordinates.

I want to make a slideshow of my pictures of Nepal with comments under each slide. And the position of the text has to be at the same place - here center, but not at the bottom -. Will there be in future the possibility to enter the coordinates manually in properties window?

In this time, I set the position of the text of my first slide manually at 50 % horizontal and at the position I need vertical. Then I copy the text and paste it into the next slide and change the text. So every text-object of each slide is 100 % exact at the same position I want.

But it takes a lot of time and it is not as simple as to give the exact coordinates manually in a special window.

What do you mean?

Another problem is to set the position of text in object editor.

"Object Editor" thread might help.

See it at

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...ct=ST&f=2&t=369

Guido's suggestion of using a windowed mode approach has some definite benefits

Next question: There is no possibility too, to use an individual self-made background, isn´t it? If I want to use such a background I have to make it in Photo Impact and then I must paste every picture in this background-picture and store it under xx.jpg. It would be much much easier to select a background file for the slides.

Another problem is to set the position of text in object editor. The text on the bottom is to deep, and on top it is too high. It takes a lot of work, to set the position of text - to center - with mouse at 50 % with the values of shown coordinates.

I want to make a slideshow of my pictures of Nepal with comments under each slide. And the position of the text has to be at the same place - here center, but not at the bottom -. Will there be in future the possibility to enter the coordinates manually in properties window?

In this time, I set the position of the text of my first slide manually at 50 % horizontal and at the position I need vertical. Then I copy the text and paste it into the next slide and change the text. So every text-object of each slide is 100 % exact at the same position I want.

But it takes a lot of time and it is not as sipmle as to give the exact coordinates manually in a special window.

What do you mean?

You can have a custom background for all slides without having to "paste every picture" in the manner you decribe. Here's how:

1. - Determine what size your program will run at - 800x600? 1024x768?

2. Make your background picture that size in an external photo editing program - i.e. Irfanview.

3. In Project Options, go to the "Screen" tab. At the bottom, check the box that says "Tiled Image" and then browse to where your Background image is. (It won't be tiled, as it is the full size of your screen)

4. Make sure the Full Screen Mode box is checked. Then under the "% of screen to show slide images" enter a number less than 100%. (Depends on how much of the background you want to show - I like about 80%, but use what you like)

That's it. All your images will be displayed over the background image you picked.

As for your text question, if all the slide captions will be different, you're kind of stuck with the object editor for placing them. If the default positions don't suit you, you will have to manually drag them with the mouse to the place you want. I agree -- it would be nice to be able to type numbers into the coordinates box. Something for the wish list.

... I specially mean the position of text with coordinates.

Tripstrilles,

This would be a useful feature to build into the "Adjustor" model. Maybe when I return from vacation??? :)

Hello Tripstrilles,

If you find no other way to solve this dilemma, email me your project1.pte template file only (no pictures or sound). I can modify it in seconds, as I understand you, and return it within the day. You could create this as a generic template. Use the same numerical generic .jpg file names and have it available for new projects, set and ready to go.

But it takes a lot of time and it is not as sipmle as to give the exact coordinates manually in a special window.

What you need to do for me is create this template.pte with all the photo paths of all the pictures you want. In other words create a plain slideshow with pictures but no sound & no special effect. (Don’t send me any photos)

In the very first slide construct it with all the objects in the positions you want displayed on every other slide, like the text box. You can change the slide order & the text later on so use a short sentence first. If you have buttons be sure to set their properties, pause, exit, etc.

I like to setup my layouts using the 640 x 480 window size in the objects editor, it gives me more accurate positioning.

I have a limit of cloning the first slide to a maximum of 499 other slides. (file limits)

Alrobin, At the moment this VBA programming trick is not user friendly. Its like grandma’s little dog, it likes to bite strangers. After I polish it bit, I will make the .xls workbook available on my webpage, then you can dissect the puppy :)

Christopher

chris@oldtemecula.com