WnSoft Forums

AV Clubs in UK

There is a section in the Forum headed AV Events and Festivals, last posting was Dec 2021. The RPS has an Interactive map which shows that the two nearest Clubs to me ( In Nottingham) are in Sheffield and Leicester. I haven't been to the photography show for a few years, but from memory videography rather than slideshow creation was represented. (Presumably driven by camera manufacturers wanting to sell equipment). Are there any events or organisation I can join that promote or have as their primary purpose AV creation?

I investigated the Sheffield connection and it is a subset of their camera club, which wraps up from now until September, as is the practice of many clubs in the UK. The group's founder is no longer with us and the page of the main camera club's website informs us that they meet at members home and it is prerequisite to be a main club member. 

It is looking to me that AV is an extremely niche hobby!

Ray Andrews

There are not as many dedicated AV Groups in the UK as there used to be. A lot of Camera Clubs have a few AV workers, but they tend to work in isolation.

I help run the Wilmslow AV Group & we are now running totally online as our members are from all over the UK & abroad.
We meet on a Friday evening & have an active membership. We used to meet physically near Manchester, but all our members were travelling long distances & numbers were dropping.
Covid lockdowns forced us online & we haven't looked back.

See www.wilmslow.av-group.org.uk

We only have a few more meeting then stop until September.

Jill

• Like 1