WnSoft Forums

A traveller in Thailand

PhilG

I have just uploaded my second attempt at a Pictures to Exe show to Beechbrook.

' A Traveller in Thailand'

The pictures are all from a holiday I took in Thailand a few years ago.

They were taken in various locations from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and then into the hills where I stayed with various hill tribes during a 3 week trek.

The photographs were all taken on a Olympus 35mm SLR using various speeds of colour negative film.

I bought a scanner recently and deceided to try it out using these old negatives.

Feel free to comment, good bad or otherwise. I got some helpful comments from my last posting.

Regards

Phil

Well I bet you were pleased with that sequence Phil. Your image scans were perfect. I liked the way you used a diffused image as a background to your vertical images. Thanks

Ron [uK]

Well I bet you were pleased with that sequence Phil. Your image scans were perfect. I liked the way you used a diffused image as a background to your vertical images. Thanks

Ron [uK]

Ron

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

I was quite pleased when I finished this sequence, It brought back lots of great memories.

Seeing the finished show in Pictures to Exe complete with music made it feel so much better than looking at a few old photographs in a dusty shoebox.

When I took these photographs all that time ago they were only ever meant to be small postcard size snaps, hence the number of upright shots. I thought showing them as picture in picture with a diffused background was the best way of mixing them with the landscape format.

I can't wait now to get working through my negatives and slides for more inspiration for a new AV show.

Thanks

Phil

A truly enjoyable show. You have a very good base - ie the execellent photography. You must be a patient man or have a very good scanner or both. Scanned shows don't always turn out so good as yours. I agree your handling of verticals is one of the better ways. It allows you to keep the interest of the vertical, which is why you used the view in the first place. I didn't time it, but it seemed you wisely gave a slide a longer duration if there were multiple frames in it. And finally, the music allowed you to pace the photos just right as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for the experience.