WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #8

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #8 (Release Candidate)

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.25 Mb)

What's new in beta #8:

* Fixed old bug, if you pressed Ctrl+Enter in the "Comment" field to enter multi-line comment for a slide.

+ Updated Italian language file.

+ Updated Help system (including of "Resources" section)

+ Small other improvements.

Igor

Before the release of the latest beta.

I have noticed a difference in synchronisation between using internal and external player.

I create all slide shows with external player selected. I then also save a version of the show with internal player selected, giving viewers the choice if they run into problems.

When playing the shows from the Time Line there is NO DIFFERENCE. When previewing a show from a selected slide on the time line, or from a selected slide on the main page slide list, there is a difference. I have tried this with several shows. I reinstalled the first version of PTE that had the time line, (can't remember the version number), and found the same discrepancy.

Magnitude of discrepancy appears to be dependent on length of show.

Please check.

Thanks, Limey.

Thank you!

I have checked, and really Internal mp3 player has a little delay (1/3 of second) in comparison with External mp3 player (which is recommended by default). We just discussed this problem and found wonderful solution. So will be no difference between playing of both players.

Delays happened in Internal mp3 player, because of peculiarity of playing music from cache buffers.

[Edited]

Thank you!

I have checked, and really Internal mp3 player has a little delay (1/3 of second) in comparison with External mp3 player (which is recommended by default). We just discussed this problem and found wonderful solution. So will be no difference between playing of both players.

Delays happened in Internal mp3 player, because of peculiarity of playing music from cache buffers.

[Edited]

Igor,

Please make sure that you adjust the internal player to what the external player is! If you adjust the other way, all the shows that were done with the external player are going to be off!

Harold

Please don't worry about this! Because in the "Cust. synchronization" window when you adjust transition points and click "Play" button, PTE always uses External mp3 player (even if you've selected "Use Internal mp3 player").

So, there will be *no changes* for all presentations created with using of External mp3 player (this player is turned on by default).

And presentation which uses Internal mp3 player will be played *exactly* as its author synchronized it in the "Customize synchronization" window.

I'll add such code, which will workable only in case of using of "Int. mp3 player" and it doesn't take any effect for presentations with Ext. mp3 player. Just Internal mp3 player will report more exactly about its current position of playing. And no changes in mechanism of show of slides.

If I missed something, please let me know!

Nevertheless we have decided to don't include changes into Internal MP3 player so late, because it would require thoroughly check up with a new beta during one-two weeks. So v4.00 will be released as in its current state (beta #8).

I have added a little improvement to "Customize synchronization" window:

> Click on "New transition" button instantly adds new point;

It works when you press down the button and it doesn't wait when you release the button. So adding is put into effect instantly.

This is a very important and useful feature, Igor, that can speed up very much the task of synchronizing music and pictures.

I thank you very much once again. You often seem able to understand better than us (and before us) what is really important to PTE users! :unsure: