WnSoft Forums

Dave

Sorry but your link www.davewindle.com was not recognised for me to download.

Ron [uK]

Thanks Ken for providing the alternative links the first of which worked successfully, with no need to use the second.

The two sequences were excellent Dave. You asked for comments and I trust that you will find the following constructive.

1. To stop the cursor arrow showing during the show, in PTE select Project Options>Advanced>Advanced Options>Hide mouse during show.

2 In "Fiji mp3" I would have preferred a solid black background, particularly for the sunset shots, where the background you used was distracting. The background was not a real problem in "Conisbrough".

3. With seascapes watch the horizons - the grid can help if you are using Photoshop.

4. For projected shows, as I have mentioned in other threads, I personally do not use borders on images which fill the screen.

If I am not mistaken the techniques of borders and images appearing in rockfaces may have come from a Barry Beckham tutorial. Nothing wrong with that as I am a firm believer in such aids, which have helped not only me, but others new to AV, in the furtherance of our art.

Well done

Ron [uK]

I'm less constructive than Ron on this occasion, but will say the presentations have very good photography in a "couldn't be better" package. I too usually like to use the full monitor screen for the photo, but I was not distracted and actually thought your background/frames were well chosen. They seem to fit your artistic orientation to life.

Thanks Ken for providing the alternative links the first of which worked successfully, with no need to use the second.

The two sequences were excellent Dave. You asked for comments and I trust that you will find the following constructive.

1. To stop the cursor arrow showing during the show, in PTE select Project Options>Advanced>Advanced Options>Hide mouse during show.

2 In "Fiji mp3" I would have preferred a solid black background, particularly for the sunset shots, where the background you used was distracting. The background was not a real problem in "Conisbrough".

3. With seascapes watch the horizons - the grid can help if you are using Photoshop.

4. For projected shows, as I have mentioned in other threads, I personally do not use borders on images which fill the screen.

If I am not mistaken the techniques of borders and images appearing in rockfaces may have come from a Barry Beckham tutorial. Nothing wrong with that as I am a firm believer in such aids, which have helped not only me, but others new to AV, in the furtherance of our art.

Well done

Ron [uK]

Well done

Ron [uK]

Well done

Ron [uK]

Thanks Ron.

You have me on the Barry Beckham tutorials. There are some good ideas on his CDs. The backgrounds have had a mixed reception. I may try a sequence without to see what people think.

Thanks for the other comments.....all noted !

Dave

I'm less constructive than Ron on this occasion, but will say the presentations have very good photography in a "couldn't be better" package. I too usually like to use the full monitor screen for the photo, but I was not distracted and actually thought your background/frames were well chosen. They seem to fit your artistic orientation to life.

Thanks Lumenlux,

Glad you enjoyed the sequences. My wife and I did a world tour last year......so there are more to come!!

Dave

Dave

from the services offered on your website,

"How could an AV Sequence help your business ?

A DVD, aimed at the prospective guitarist, but covering similar ground to our school presentation, is available at £15 (deductible when a booking is made).

Yours sincerely,

Dave Windle "

you should really consider making the shows more "dvd compatible" -- use no borders or frames as Robert suggested.Then if the need arises you just make the avi and burn

ken

Dave

from the services offered on your website,

"How could an AV Sequence help your business ?

A DVD, aimed at the prospective guitarist, but covering similar ground to our school presentation, is available at £15 (deductible when a booking is made).

Yours sincerely,

Dave Windle "

you should really consider making the shows more "dvd compatible" -- use no borders or frames as Robert suggested.Then if the need arises you just make the avi and burn

ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your comments. The DVD refered to on the site is not an AV. Though I have tried making a DVD of an early sequence of mine. It did have borders but the final quality left a lot to be desired. In fact I entered the DVD version in a club competition and was a bit embarrased, because of the quality.

Would doing away with borders inprove quality?

Regards

Dave

well if you go full screen you eliminate the chance of vertical edges on r side of tv to wiggle/shimmer

"In fact I entered the DVD version in a club competition and was a bit embarrased, because of the quality." compared to what -- did you ask how other shows were made? -- it is a club -- the object of belonging to a club is to share info- the same as this forum:)

read some of the threads in the video section

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3943

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3992

at present time i show all these test demos made with ver 5 on tv as the avi function is not enabled

there used to be a member that said " think outside the box"

star wars were made with "a box" Juriassic park was one of the first -- commodore 64 days/video toaster

ken

well if you go full screen you eliminate the chance of vertical edges on r side of tv to wiggle/shimmer

"In fact I entered the DVD version in a club competition and was a bit embarrased, because of the quality." compared to what -- did you ask how other shows were made? -- it is a club -- the object of belonging to a club is to share info- the same as this forum:)

read some of the threads in the video section

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3943

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3992

at present time i show all these test demos made with ver 5 on tv as the avi function is not enabled

there used to be a member that said " think outside the box"

star wars were made with "a box" Juriassic park was one of the first -- commodore 64 days/video toaster

ken

Hi Ken,

Yes it is a club but a Video Club. (We have just won a regional competition this afternoon). However we are broadening our scope to include AVs, now they are possible digitally. I am one of just a couple of us who are experimenting with P2E. The competition refered to was our first multi media comp.

Do you think version 5 will be long in coming?

Regards,

Dave

• 1 month later...
the problem being we might get a stable version but then the " Igor can you do this" starts again

Yes, I think we should stop asking for new requests, me first. :rolleyes:

And we will start again the "Igor can you do this" as soon as the v5 is released. :)

I agree with thedom. What I am desperate for at the moment is for "Main>Show settings>Close show after last slide" to be activated. I think Igor said that this would be in Beta#3. Why I am desperate is because I have to present my Chairman's evening at the camera club in two weeks time, when I have promised to include in my programme small demos of the latest developments in PTE provided by Version 5.0.

Ron [uK]

What I am desperate for at the moment is for "Main>Show settings>Close show after last slide" to be activated. I think Igor said that this would be in Beta#3.

I think you're right Ron. See quote below.

The beta #2 was released 1st May.

The beta #3 should have been released two weeks ago if I trust Igor's message but I think we might be a little bit responsible for not being avalaible yet with our new suggestions. :unsure:

I guess Igor find out new difficulties and had a look how to implement our suggestions.

Let us him concentrate on his actual TODO list.

I don't know how many other betas are previewed before final release but even if we might have to wait, I am fully confident on the final result.

Barry,

No problem :)

We plan to include the next features to beta #3 (probably on this week)

- Synchronized music

- Listing of slides (forward/backward).

- Close on show end.

- "Curling of page" effect (probably).

- Various small improvements in Visual editor.

- Fixing of several bugs.

- Potentially more reliable work of slide-show.