WnSoft Forums

Music Problems

Can someone please help , I have put together a slideshow of old photos for a friends birthday and while it runs fine on my Kit it will not behave on other computers, it consists of 34 low res, images and 3 mp3 files, the show runs fine during the first track then the music ceases and the slides continue without music His birthday (happybirthday Boxig) is nextweek and I hope to have this resolved before then Thanks in advance Clive. :unsure:

I have tried the show with & without the sync box checked and it does continue without the sound ( as this is the problem) version v 4 beta # 8 tracks play fine on my machine they are selected to play in order and as I say it goes fine on my Kit but not on two others Ken . I have not tried midi , the only options set are slide duration and trans time 1900 and trans effects fade only but I have tried it without also and thanks for asking hope you can sort me thanks Clive.

Clive:

I have not had the "joy" that you are experienceing (yet) :unsure:

1. Were the 3 mp3's mixed to make one track? I suspect not. I have not tried shows with 3 separate musical pieces, I always mix them into one. (Audacity, Accoustica, or Cool Edit as have been mentioned many times on other threads)

2. Are the image transitions smaller in time than the durations, or do we transitions overlapping with shorter "on-screen time" ?

3. Is each MP3 spec'ed the same as the others ?

4. Are the other computers at least as powerful as yours ? PTE does take some horsepower to run particularly for fades.

At least one of the machines is twice as powerfull as mine the transitions are less than a second and the duration set at 12 seconds and no I have not mixed the tracks though this has not presented a problem for me before and I accept your recomendation to mix the tracks I seem to remember Alrobin offering the same advice in a serarate thread, I will look at this for the future for now I think I will try ripping the tracks again as I cannot remember which way I did them all, thanks Jim, regards Clive

Clive, try the same show but with 3 different mp3 files. Then, If necessary even 3 mp3 files that any of us have found successful in a PTE show together. But if it works fine on your own machine, and the other machines are "far" away, it will be tougher to know. (obviously) You could also try your existing 3 mp3's with a completely different set of photos - to see if any difference.

Mp3's yes Royalty free my freinds son is the author of the tracks and as he never worked I am not suprised his CD does not either Anyway a big thank you to all for pointing me in the right direction and keeping me honest ha ha!!!! yes indeed midis worked fine so did slides only and so did royalty free other mp3 tracks MY LOYAL SUBJECTS seriously I do appreciate the help ta Guys Clive.

Clive,

Have you tried to play just the MP3 files individually ( without using PTE) on those particular machines.

Another idea is to change your current music playing order of the MP3 files (in the PTE file ) to verify if theres any difference what position they may be in.

Somethimes these simple tests point quickly to what may be causing the issue.

Thanks A lot to all who replied I have recorded the tracks again and all is well "FOR NOW" I still have the problem show on my drive and will try nobeefstu's advice But it appears the problem was indeed the mp3's Keep on Rocking Regards Clive.

Hi Clive,

Sorry I'm late into this but I've been on holiday! One thing which wasn't mentioned, when you play on another machine, do you load onto the hard drive. This is advisable as some CD Roms are slower to load `on the fly`. If this is considered, then it would explain why the show will not run on a faster machine.

Alan

Welcome Back from your holliers Alan keep me in mind for that workshop in April, I shall take your advice on board and as I have my problem solved I suspect it might find its way on to my very "Long Finger" not.......... it will make Life easier if I find out the reason it happened I must get some sort of sound editor cooledit seems to be a favourite with the members here . I am astonished by the amount of knowledge in this forum and the generosity with it too I am very happy to sponge ......the emoticon is for Granot when he gets back from his long walkie, Keep on Rocking Boxig , Regards THE VERY ROYAL IRISH Clive

If your using the new windows media player in XP it has copyright protection built in so some music files won't play on other :) computers unless you go against the copyright which you can do. I really don't remember how to do it but I think it just ask's if you want to keep the copyright or let others use it.

Hi Bluechip,

I have windows millenium though one of the machines I tried the show on runs XP but it was not created on it also (the dirty 9 letter word) copyright would not be a problem they were just a few tracks my friends son put together and I dare to call them music, cover your ears should be somewhere in the lyrics but they would be sentimental nontheless Keep on Rocking , Regards Clive.

For those interested I tried a show without music / with one track / with two tracks & with the 3 original tracks but in a different order and all worked on afore mentioned machines so now my freind is happy I am happy and you guys are great I now think I shall get the necessary kit to edit music , so I am sure I will be picking your brains again, many thanks Clive