WnSoft Forums

5.0 Demos Dead In The Water

HaroldB

Hi!

I haven't been on the forum lately, and when I checked back in this morning, I see that I missed a lot of stuff!

I quickly tried downloading some of the slideshows done with PTE 5.0, and I can't seem to run any of them!

Specifically, when I start them, I get an "ED3D Error in xxxxx.EXE at 01CF6F Get Device Caps".

I tried upgrading to Directx9.0c, and the problem persists.

My system is Windows/ME with a Maxtor MGA Millennium card (probably very low-end).

Is this a software problem on my PC (in which case how do I fix it?) or a way of saying that I need more powerful hardware?

H

Harold,

Slide-shows created with future betas of v5.00 will work on your PC, but slowely.

It's necessary to have modern video cards with 128 MB of video memory.

Classical slide-shows without Pan/Zoom effects will work as usually on your PC.

Guest Techman1

Igor,

Did you mean to say 128mb of Video RAM? I thought previously you had indicated a minimum of 32mb of Video RAM.

I know more is better in some cases, but is it required?

Thanks for clarifying for us all. I hope things are going well for you and the WnSoft Team!

Take care,

Fred

128 MB required for absolutely ideal playback for even largest slides (3500x2300, or 9000x1024). For example, at least ATI Radeon 9500 or NVIDIA Geforce 5500 or higher. It's ideal video card. Such video card can handle any effects for slide-shows.

32 MB - minimal video card to play slide-shows with Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects.

I hope we'll find additional optimizations for old video cards.

128 MB required for absolutely ideal playback for even largest slides (3500x2300, or 9000x1024). For example, at least ATI Radeon 9500 or NVIDIA Geforce 5500 or higher. It's ideal video card. Such video card can handle any effects for slide-shows.

32 MB - minimal video card to play slide-shows with Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects.

I hope we'll find additional optimizations for old video cards.

Is this the situation for all shows using version 5,

or just when the new effects are used?