WnSoft Forums

Vger 2, a Tribute to Hubble...

Nearly ten days since the last reply, but having just downloaded and viewed this sequence and read all the comments, felt I had to say how much I appreciated it. LumenLux on July 1st asked for viewers who doubted the use of PZR to comment and I am one of those who do not like too much of it without purpose, but here it is done to perfection. I could imagine how much poorer it would be with simply still images dissolving into each other. The music I would not normally like all that much, but it is entirely suitable to the subject matter in this case and I quite enjoyed it! The text at the beginning and the end I did find rather difficult to read due to the font used and the amount to read in the time. I certainly do appreciate that it may be shown on a none commercial basis, and is a valuable demonstration of PTE Beta #5. I intend to use it in September at an AV Group meeting. Thanks again. John

Hi John,

I was not happy with the text either and re-worked the opening credits (I didn't change the text on the last image). The file is uploading right now, but will take about four hours. My broadband is not working correctly and corrupts the files on upload or download and I'm forced to use the dial-up connect. The 35 megabyte file is moving at "snail-speed" of 2.4 kbps, but at least it's not being distroyed packet by packet - LOL. Perhaps in another three or four hours it will be uploaded and I'll place a link to the new zipped executable. I think you'll find the text much easier to read on the opening credit though I didn't change the timing since it would affect the entire show if I did. Being easier to read should make it also easier to read quickly.

Best regards,

Lin

Sorry, didn't work. After four hours of download via dial-up, the file was corrupted so I guess I'll have to give up until my broadband IP has reparired the problems.

Best regards,

Lin

O.K., all fixed now - finally! Here's the link to the updated vger2.exe file with more legible text...

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/vger3.zip

Lin

Thanks for updating the font. It is certainly easier to read. By the way no difficulty this end in downloading it either time, - sorry you had difficulty uploading at your end initially. John

1st try today was an incomplete zip but 2nd was fine

but

text readable but still too fast for this old guy:)

ken

Hi Ken,

I would like to slow it down, but it would have meant way more work than I have time for to get the sequencing and music correct again - LOL. Maybe some day I'll get a chance to re create the entire show and drop off a couple slides or add some to get the timing correct for a slower display of the text scroll.

Best regards,

Lin

no big deal Lin -- comes with age

btw

my 6 yr old grandaughter's eyes went wide open when i showed her the original show

was showing 11 yr old grandaughter google earth and she was picking stuff out quicker than me

Dom -- she wanted to know if your link to your bldg was all for you -- told her it could be as there were not many cars:)

ken