WnSoft Forums

Losing Custom Typed Comments

jacobdj

I have a family history project with 300 slides. I have typed comments for most of them in the Comment dialog box under the image preview, thus customizing them.

When I make ANY change in ANY of the Project Options, I lose my typed comments and the comments revert to what i have selected in Project Options/Comments/Customize comments.

Can anyone reproduce this? Is this the way things are supposed to perform? If so, you had better be certain of ALL your global selections before you start typing and customizing your comments.

thanks,

Dennis

I have a family history project with 300 slides. I have typed comments for most of them in the Comment dialog box under the image preview, thus customizing them.

When I make ANY change in ANY of the Project Options, I lose my typed comments and the comments revert to what i have selected in Project Options/Comments/Customize comments.

Can anyone reproduce this? Is this the way things are supposed to perform? If so, you had better be certain of ALL your global selections before you start typing and customizing your comments.

thanks,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Which version of P2E are you working with? I'm assuming the release 4.48 because the comments feaure is not yet turned on for the beta. If so, I'm not able to reproduce this problem. Could you possibly make screen captues of your Customize Slide Comments Tab and Project Options Comments Tabs so we can try to duplicate the problem?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Dennis – welcome to the forum

Version 4.48

Yes I have duplicated your problem situation, it is the way the comment section is designed and I am not sure if Igor can make some changes in the future. For instance a “ Lock “ button beside the word comment – under the Preview Image section or have the letter “ P “ lock the customized slide comment.

Any changes in Project Options / Comments / Customized Comment section after you have personalized your comments will be changed.

Otherwise – Set up Project Options / Comments - First

For example (show slide number)

Then anything you type in the personalized comment section in the location you mention – will override the (show slide number) – or you can add the text after the slide number ( 5 – Uncle Joe & Aunt Mary )

Another way is to use the “ Object Editor “ “ text “ icon to customize your personal comment.

To save time with Font – Color, you can copy the first comment – then “ Paste “ into the next slide and just edit the “ Text “ in the “ Properties Box “ this leaves the font,color and location of comments all the same.

Probably you turned on "Set comments for all slides as" option in Comments tab (Project options)?

In this case PicturesToExe automatically sets all comments according choosed mode (display Picture Name, or Slide Number, etc.)

thanks,

Denis,

as most images will require some sort of processing in an Image Editor (even if it's only sizing and sharpening) why not add your text there, at the same time.

If you use something Photoshop or Elements etc. etc., there will be more scope to be creative.

John

• 1 month later...

Did we lose the customize comment function since version 4.5+ ?

I can't get the file name to appear anymore since that version. Anyone know how to fix that, or when will that feature be enabled again?

Thanks

Hi Marian,

Project Options, Comments Tab, Put check mark beside "Set Comments for all Slides To" then use the down arrow to select Picture Name.

Lin

Did we lose the customize comment function since version 4.5+ ?

Marian,

As you noticed, the "comment" function doesn't seem to be activated yet in version 5. No mention by Igor as to when it will be available again.