WnSoft Forums

Compatibility

Nettleton

I have made a slideshow and accidentally deleted all of my original photos. I have run the slide show and have captured a screen shot for each individual picture. I have then opened Adobe Home DeLuxe 4, New File, with dimensions of 1024 x 768 pixesl and pasted in the screen shot, and saved each picture to the appropriate file. This works well providing I run the slideshow, take the screen shot, AND THEN open Adobe and paste the picture. But if I have opened Adobe BEFORE running the .exe file and then try to RUN THE EXE file, I only get a blank screen, the computer including mouse, freezes and I have to close the computer down by pressing the close button for 5 seconds. Does anyone have any advice they can give on this problem please? The slide show was compiled in Version 4.48.

Many thanks - Nettleton

I have made a slideshow and accidentally deleted all of my original photos. I have run the slide show and have captured a screen shot for each individual picture. I have then opened Adobe Home DeLuxe 4, New File, with dimensions of 1024 x 768 pixesl and pasted in the screen shot, and saved each picture to the appropriate file. This works well providing I run the slideshow, take the screen shot, AND THEN open Adobe and paste the picture. But if I have opened Adobe BEFORE running the .exe file and then try to RUN THE EXE file, I only get a blank screen, the computer including mouse, freezes and I have to close the computer down by pressing the close button for 5 seconds. Does anyone have any advice they can give on this problem please? The slide show was compiled in Version 4.48.

Many thanks - Nettleton

Hi Nettleton,

I can't be certain, but this sounds like a memory issue - perhaps you don't have sufficient memory to run both programs or Home Deluxe 4 is not releasing memory back to the system. Some programs work that way and some can be minimized and work well with other programs running. This could be related to the use of swap files.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Nettleton,

I can't be certain, but this sounds like a memory issue - perhaps you don't have sufficient memory to run both programs or Home Deluxe 4 is not releasing memory back to the system. Some programs work that way and some can be minimized and work well with other programs running. This could be related to the use of swap files.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you Lin for your prompt response.

I have actually been away visiting and using my sister's new machine, a Dell 5150 with 512 mb of memory and 160 Gb hard drive so wouldn't have expected there to be a memory problem. We checked the scratch disk allocation on the s/ware and everything seemed to be ok and had also minimised the Adobe software whilst trying to run the .exe file to do the screen shots. However my sister has now uninstalled the software as it is quite an old programme and she is going to purchase Photoshop Elements. We will then see if she encounters the same problem!!

Many thanks - Nettleton