WnSoft Forums

How to move objects individually

What A Ride

I'm trying to utilize the panning feature by doing this. I've added 2 objects and each are png files. I go to the objects and animation screen and add these 2 files, one on top of the other, now I'm trying to get the object that is behind to pan upwards from behind the front object. I can not get the rear object to move independently of the front object. I have selected it before I do any adjustments. I believe I can move the front one though...Any help would be apreciated. Bill <_<

I'm trying to utilize the panning feature by doing this. I've added 2 objects and each are png files. I go to the objects and animation screen and add these 2 files, one on top of the other, now I'm trying to get the object that is behind to pan upwards from behind the front object. I can not get the rear object to move independently of the front object. I have selected it before I do any adjustments. I believe I can move the front one though...Any help would be apreciated. Bill <_<

Hi Bill,

It may be easier to show you than to tell you so if you can, zip up the pte and photos and post a link to the zip file.

If you can't do that - here's the situation. There are several ways you can enter objects. First, to do what you want to do you need one of these as the "main" object (on the slide list) and the other directly entered as an independent object on a separate layer.

The should appear something like this:

Object 1

Object 2

NOT like this:

Object 1

------- Object 2

The easiest way to get these on separate layers is to use about 10% on the view (not auto or 100%) then add the second object by right clicking in the grey area far away from the green bounding rectangle which defines the size and orientation of the first object.

You have a feature available by right clicking the mouse with the cursor on an object. Then from the popup you can change the relative positions (layers) by bringing to front, send to back, move forward or move back. This is how you make one object pass either in front of or behind another.

If you can zip up the files (go to File then use zip feature) I can set them up for you to see.....

Lin

Lin,

Thanks alot, you explained it quite good. I was able to get it to work. BTW what is the purpose for the frames, is it similar to frames when using MSWord and setting up forms? Thanks, Bill :D

Lin,

Thanks alot, you explained it quite good. I was able to get it to work. BTW what is the purpose for the frames, is it similar to frames when using MSWord and setting up forms? Thanks, Bill :D

Yes, the frames allow you to manipulate the objects visually - soon when version 5 is released (out of beta) several of us will have tutorials which can help walk you through all the possibilities. There are some fine points which need to be understood such as "Parent/Child" object relationships which were most likely responsible for the problems you were having.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, this "Parent/Child" nomenclature kinda reminds me of when I was building an MS Access database. I believe I will grasps the concept. Thanks for help, and I am looking forward to your Tutorials. Bill :D