WnSoft Forums

Mirage

thedom

Yes, Lin, it is exactly the same idea. I found interesting to mix this effect of water with a picture of the desert.

Btw, I modified my demo a little bit :

added texts (title and thank you), personnal transition effects so that the animation don't freeze at he beginning and at the end and a light pan from left to right.

The music at the end of the demo seems to start again and I unchecked "Repeat music after playing".

Does anybody know why ? :blink:

Yes, Lin, it is exactly the same idea. I found interesting to mix this effect of water with a picture of the desert.

Btw, I modified my demo a little bit :

added texts (title and thank you), personnal transition effects so that the animation don't freeze at he beginning and at the end and a light pan from left to right.

The music at the end of the demo seems to start again and I unchecked "Repeat music after playing".

Does anybody know why ? :blink:

I don't think the feature is enabled to stop the music yet. I use silent mp3's to hold it until the show is over.

Yes, the water in the desert idea is an interesting juxtaposition. Maybe you could add some "palm trees" and have a real "oasis" as a fade in for the end of the mirage?

Best regards,

Lin

Dom,

Did you use an "animated GIF" to import this animation into PTE? If so, this is a first, since PTE didn't previously support this format.

This software has been discussed before on the Forum. See HERE.

Too bad. It would be a useful addition to PTE. :)

By the way, "Reflet" can be downloaded for free from the PhotoFiltre site . The animations produced can then be disassembled and each image loaded into PTE.

"PhotoMosaique" is still available on the PhotoFiltre site as are several other interesting utilities.

By the way, "Reflet" can be downloaded for free from the PhotoFiltre site . The animations produced can then be disassembled and each image loaded into PTE.

"PhotoMosaique" is still available on the PhotoFiltre site as are several other interesting utilities.

Al, thank you for pointing this out.

I modified my initial post to make some promo for those great free little softwares. :)

Too bad. It would be a useful addition to PTE. :)

Hi Al,

You don't have to disassemble them, the program can output sequential jpgs so it's ver easy to make something like a 30 frame sequence then just duplicate it for a run of the number of seconds you need in PicturesToExe. Because p2e takes advantage of duplicate photos, there is no big memory hit and it actually works well even with several thousand images. Putting in the first 30 takes a bit of time, but then you can select them with the CTRL key, copy the whole lot and past them numerous times. Here's a sequence of a few seconds done that way. There are over a thousand images in this sequence, but they consist of ony 29 actual images duplicated so that the file size is only about 7 megabytes.

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/reflect.zip

Best regards,

Lni

Lin,

When I try to watch your demo, the reflection effect is erratic during 2 seconds and after the show freezes... :huh:

LOL - it's probably not "freezing," the reflections only run for four seconds. There is a five second image with text, then the sequence runs for four seconds then the last frame stays until you press ESC.

I have it set to stay on last image after show closes.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Thanks for pointing that out - that saves using another utility to take the animated GIF apart. :)

By the way, your "reflection" example runs perfectly on my pc.

Ciao

Al

Lin,

Thanks for pointing that out - that saves using another utility to take the animated GIF apart. :)

By the way, your "reflection" example runs perfectly on my pc.

Ciao

Al

I "tinkered" with the settings for P2E and found that about 15 frames per second works beautifully. That works out to about 66 ms per frame. Set the transitions to "none" then adjust each of the 29 or 30 images to 66 ms with quick, no transition. Select the first image of the set then go to the last (#29 or 30) and hold down the shift key to select the entire group. Right click and copy then go to the bottom and paste. Repeat until you have about 100 then go top and bottom again and copy 100 and paste about five times. The entire show will be under 7 megs and will last about two minutes with 1100 odd images.

I mentioned 29 or 30 images because the most Reflections will output is 30 but for whatever reason I only ended up with 29 -probably my error....

I redid the show with the 66 ms timing - I think it's much better now....

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/reflect.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

When I try to watch your demo, the reflection effect is erratic during 2 seconds and after the show freezes... :huh:

Try the same link again. I changed the display time to 66 ms per image which gives a much better effect and with 1100+ images it lasts for two minutes. This time the first slide will re-appear and you can press ESC at any time to exit.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

it's much better on my pc now.

Btw, don't know if you used it, but if you don't want to have too much big files, the software gives you the ability to only generate the reflection effects.

You just have to put your still image above and the animation effects pictures under.

For my demo, I used 10 images per second and the result is quite good already.

Do you do anything else? Like sleep, eat, ...? :P

No, I don't have time to loose with useless activities like the ones you mentionned ! :lol:

Seriously, the "full PTE project" of this demo is now avalaible on my site :

icon_pa_download.gif

For this PTE project, instead of having thousands of slides, I put 15 pictures by slide and those 15 pictures are sub-objects of a frame to which I apply pan & zoom.