WnSoft Forums

White Frame your pictures

thedom

After several demos demonstrating the huge potential of PTE, I thought it was time to present something more concrete and usefull for all of us. :)

White Frame your pictures !

(Usefull masks to include in your PTE presentation).

TheDom-WhiteFrame-Small.jpg

It's a pack of masks which can be used to whiteframe your pictures and add a shadow, and this, directly in PTE:

- white frame (no shadow)

- white frame with shadow

- "3D" white frame (concave) with shadow

- "3D" frame only (no shadow)

- shadow only

- "3D" shadow only

Those masks can be very easily used in your own presentation and give a nice impact (as usual, do not over-use !) ;)

Of course, it is possible to make the white frames in a photo editor like Photoshop for each single photo but :

- it's really time consuming

- the files are huge because of the .png format

The idea is that the frame and the picture to be framed stays actually two different objects.

What is the benefit ?

With those masks, you divide the weight of the final exe by ten, you don't have to alter your pictures (they stay in the .jpg format) and a lot of nice effects can be done.

If you want to easily apply PZR, to include a picture with a white frame in your PTE show, the picture and the white frame are sub-objects of a PTE frame (rectangle with opacity = 0) and you apply PZR only to the PTE Frame :

PTE Frame

!- White Frame

!_ Your Picture

I made an archive (.zip) which includes :

- the masks (white frames - .png format) in a dedicated folder

- a demo (.exe file) of what can be done with those masks

- the full PTE project of the demo

I think you will have a big benefit using those masks even if you don't want to make complex effects.

By example, if you want to make a still effect like the one on the thumbnail, it will be done very easily and very quickly.

Of course, the demo I made contains some complex effects for advanced users but it is only to show what can be done.

icon_pa_download.gif

(3,89 Mb - The demo is 2 minutes and 30 seconds long with music).

This file is in the "Usefull Files" section on TheDom Sharing Place.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Anyway, I hope you will like it.

To limit the size of the files, the "pack of masks", the "demo" and the "full PTE Project" are now in three distinct .zip archives and can be downloaded separetely.

- The pack of masks (810 Ko):

icon_pa_download.gif

- The demo using those masks (4,02 Mb):

icon_pa_download.gif

- The full PTE Project of the demo (3,9 Mb):

icon_pa_download.gif.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your ideas, transitions files and bandwidth. Your work has enhanced the value of P2E by showing what can be done and how. I like this one because it gives a very different method of transition and presentation and at the same time sticking close to the basic idea of a slideshow - showing a series of photos. I particularly like the idea of showing a stack of photos and removing them one at a time.

Thanks and good job,

Steve

Tucson, AZ USA