WnSoft Forums

[FORUM] QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

JEB

Hello all you cleaver people,

An Ideaand then I’m putting my head down under the parapet.

There is a mine of fantastic information lurking in this forum but it is becoming increasingly difficult to find some of the pearls.

The cross-referencing search facility on the forum is, I think most would agree, limited.

For example, the superb replies of Lin and Al to the current request for help in current “RECTANGLE” post are in danger of being lost in the mist of time.

For those who have been around the forum for a little while we know the places to look for demos and tutorials and I applaud those who are providing this service (and lets not forget – free service).

However, many of the questions and more importantly answers, which are appearing regularly throughout the forum, surely are worth cataloguing in some way.

This would be a mammoth task now but even more so as time passes.

Before I go any further let me admit openly and honestly that there is no way I could take this on. I neither have the skills of a librarian or PTE technician, nor the time or recourses that would be necessary. I simply float the idea in the hope that someone out there may have the necessary skills.

John

John,

It's a very good idea ! but I don't know if it is feasible. :(

Because things you are interested in are not the same than an other one.

But may be somebody could start a FAQ.

Or what could be done is to collect those essential informations and to add them to the written tutorials Lin and Jeff started (something like an "extended version" tutorial).

Just suggestions... :)

Ken,

I got this error when I try to send you a PM :

"The following errors were found

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or their personal messenger inbox is full.

This personal message has not been sent"

I'm afraid I didn't understand what you will send me but I'm quite sure it's interesting. :)

So here is my email address : thefreedom@[no_spam]free.fr

Thanks.

Dom.

I'm looking for the best free script to install a knowledge base.

I found phpmyfaq and installed a version : http://thefreedom.free.fr/faq.

(it's only temporary, I will make a fresh installation at the end, once I'm sure this is the one I need).

I would like to know if any of you would be interested to help me to build this Knowledge base.

It could be done little by little, there is no rush. :)

I would create an admin profil for people who would help me...

So ? B)

I would like to know if any of you would be interested to help me to build this Knowledge base.

So ? B)

Since i new here and with PTE i can help with a FAQ. It mostly a mater of how to order it and post the links in to it in the right place. A place that i go which has a great FAQ's is mp3car, so i would make it something like this.

mp3car FAQ

Part of the problem is that a lot of the info is not just on this site but also on thedom, guru, beechbrook and other places. It is the large info base inpart that i did not find for proshow gold that made me go for PTE. It is needs to be unified for the user and WnSoft, since PTE kicks Proshow gold butt!

I not sure how Igor or WnSoft feels about it be here on their site?

Steve

Ken, Steve

The concept is to make something not static which will grow litlle by little.

Everybody can participate to propose content (questions, answers or both).

The whole is under the responsability of administrators who approve or not the suggestions.

BUT it is NOT a forum.

It's really a FAQ, a knowledge base.

Each information is classified and is supposed to be easy to find.

But it's a lot of work.

I can't do it by myself. that's why I need help... :)

So, anybody's interested ? :)

So ? B)

Dominique,

what exactly do you have in mind?

I'll give what help I can, bearing in mind my somewhat limited technical expertise and experience with PTE.

I did a bit of technical authorship in those long gone days of working for my bread and butter.

One thing occured to me, I think might be useful, that is a well indexed list, all in one place, of all the functions (controls and commands) used in V.5. Probably, the thing could not be "cast in stone" until the final release of V.5. But a start could be made. There are, I know, already on the forum in various posts, a lot of stuff to support this already.

Let me know what you, and of course any other forum members think.

John

• 2 years later...

John,

Thank you for your help but I think I will let it down because its a huge amount of work and I don't know if it will be really useful.

And it will be even more difficult for me to do it in english.

I will keep the idea in mind though. May be one day... smile.gif

an entry to bring this subject higher on the list to refresh oldies memories

ken