WnSoft Forums

Lost Ability to Preview

JohnFeg

Halfway through a new slideshow I have lost the "Preview" and the "Preview from Existing Slide" functions.

It is not something just related to this particular show. I created a short test slide sequence and get the same result.

I've tried downloading V5 beta 5, again, but it did not correct the problem.

Anyone an idea what might be going on?

John

john try a reboot of system

ken

Ken,

I've done that. Still no go.

Do you think that removing PTE V5, and then reinstalling would help?

It's a damn nuisance; at the moment I've had to resort to creating a temporary .exe so each time I want to review progress, I have to start at the beginning, and this show is already 17 minutes long!

John

take out the music and see what it does

if still no go

send the pte to Igor

ken

Ken,

tried it without the music, still no go.

Also, I made up a little test show in V.4 Preview worked perfectly normally there.

Things get strangerer and strangerer!

I'll send a show off to Igor and see if he can make anything of it.

John

John,

When v.5 first came out there was a problem with the preview function in certain video cards until Igor did something to fix it. (do a search to find the particular threads). Sounds like the problem has surfaced again in your particular setup.

As Ken suggested, Igor should probably have a look at it.

By the way, am I going to see you at the AV Festival in Cirencester next week? B)

John,

When v.5 first came out there was a problem with the preview function in certain video cards until Igor did something to fix it. (do a search to find the particular threads). Sounds like the problem has surfaced again in your particular setup.

As Ken suggested, Igor should probably have a look at it.

By the way, am I going to see you at the AV Festival in Cirencester next week? B)

Al,

1) what is Igors address to send him the project file!

2) I hadn't planned going to Cirencester, but, now I know some of the forum members will be there, I'll try to make it. I seem to remember I promised to stand you a real beer sometime!

What day will you be there?, where are you putting up?, is Brian Jeffs the contact for booking?

If you're in the UK for some time we would love to have you round for dinner.

John

Al,

1) what is Igors address to send him the project file!

2) I hadn't planned going to Cirencester, but, now I know some of the forum members will be there, I'll try to make it. I seem to remember I promised to stand you a real beer sometime!

What day will you be there?, where are you putting up?, is Brian Jeffs the contact for booking?

If you're in the UK for some time we would love to have you round for dinner.

Hi, John,

Looks like Ken got around to answering before I did - thanks, Ken, for the info.

We're going to arrive next Thurs., and will be staying at the Agricultural College residence in Cirencester. We'll be hanging out with the Irish contingent, so you should have no problem finding us.

Am looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the UK Forum members at the conference, and to tasting that "real ale"! B)

Thanks for the invitation - we'll probably be spending most of our time in the Cotswolds, but it can't be that far up to where you live. We return home on Oct. 2nd.

John -

The booking contact for Cirencester is Tony Troman - see http://ian-bateman.mysite.wanadoo-members....set-booking.htm

I think its too late to book accommodation at the college now, but its worth giving Tony a ring anyway. Entry tickets for the various projection sessions can be bought at the door anyway.]

There are also various B&B options in and around Cirencester.

Ian

Am looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the UK Forum members at the conference, and to tasting that "real ale"! B)

And there'll be another strong contingent of Luxembourg Forum members... as I'll be here :D staying as well at the Agricultural College.

I'll be very happy to meet you 'in real', Al !

And there'll be another strong contingent of Luxembourg Forum members... as I'll be here :D staying as well at the Agricultural College.

I'll be very happy to meet you 'in real', Al !

That's great - it sounds like it will be a great festival. Am looking forward to meeting you too after all these years! Hope your show does well! :)