WnSoft Forums

"3D CUBE" template by JPD

thedom

Another amazing piece of work by JPD!

It's a template which simulates a 3D cube with rotation on the 3 axis, the 6 faces beeing visible.

To use this template, the only thing you have to do is to resize the pictures you want to use at 400 x 400 pixels.

In PTE, replace the 6 faces with your own pictures, that's it !

The archive includes a demo (.exe) of the effect.

With JPD's authorisation, I made minor modifications on the template (only presentation).

The final template is now avalaible :

JPD-3DCube-Small.jpg

[click on the image to acces the download page]

Thanks Jean-Pierre and congratulations for this fabulous effect !

Ken,

I just downloaded the file I uploaded, unzipped it and opened the .pte file with PTE v5 beta 6.

I can enter the O/A window for each slide and replace the "faces" of the cube without any problem. :huh:

Could you please give me more details on the problem you have ?

Did anybody else experiment a (/the same) problem with this template ?

Thanks. :)

Jean-Pierre,

I hate to tell you this but there is a "problem" with your template.

You work in "original" mode for the faces and the pictures HAVE TO BE 400 x 400 pixels.

If the end user wants to zoom the cube (apply a zoom to the "cube" object), pixels appears. :(

IMHO, for templates, it would be more appropriate to use "fit to slide" mode to allow the user to use pictures with bigger definition and whatever the definition of the images are (with aspect ratio 1:1 of course), it still fits.

It would be under his control to use bigger definition pictures if he needs to.

I tried to modify the template myself to use "fit to slide" mode without any success.

I'm afraid the template should be rebuild from scratch (calculation with your spreadsheet). :unsure:

Could you please tell me what can be done ?

Thanks.

Ken,

I just downloaded the file I uploaded, unzipped it and opened the .pte file with PTE v5 beta 6.

I can enter the O/A window for each slide and replace the "faces" of the cube without any problem. :huh:

Could you please give me more details on the problem you have ?

Did anybody else experiment a (/the same) problem with this template ?

Thanks. :)

Dom

apparently my system was going into crash mode at the time i checked the file, as the time progressed ,i was getting all sorts of errors not only with p2e stuff -- i was on msn video with hawk and tried to check something else for him when i finally had to reboot

yet i had plenty resources before reboot

all is well i hope

ken

I have downloaded the "3D Cube" template and my only question is a very elementary one. I use Photoshop 7 mostly for editing my pictures. My photos are not in a 1:1 aspect ratio. I can resize the photos to 400 pixels on the short side. Is there a way to crop to 400 on the resulting other dimension other than trial and error?

Thanks,

Howard

I have downloaded the "3D Cube" template and my only question is a very elementary one. I use Photoshop 7 mostly for editing my pictures. My photos are not in a 1:1 aspect ratio. I can resize the photos to 400 pixels on the short side. Is there a way to crop to 400 on the resulting other dimension other than trial and error?

Thanks,

Howard

Use the Crop Tool with

Width 400 px height 400px (Boxes on Toolbar) Then crop to obtain the most pleasing image within this constraint.

John

Dom,

Thanks so much for the fast reply to my question about cropping to 400x 400 ratio. The flash tutorial is great. This expands a little my knowledge of Photoshop. I barely scratch the surface in its capabilities. I will now play with the six sided cube effect.

Howard